• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SC-545ex not recognizing media

stillhasdust

Whenever I try to load media into my roland it does not recognize it. I have tried all different types and sizes of media and non of them are recognized. I have meesed around with the pinch rollers but I do not know what I should try next. Does anybody have any ideas??

This is a fairly common problem with the roland print/cut devices. What happens is the cable that runs from the mainboard to the cutter head that controls contour cut/pinchroller sense/media sense and sheet cutting wears out. What needs to be done is replace that white data cable and plastic guides that go over it. I wouldnt advice that you try this without doing it before just b/c it is easy to damage the encoder or short out the servo board. I have done atleast a hundred of these on all of rolands print/cut machines. The good news is that the cable and guides are cheap, 20bucks for cable and 15 for guides. I dont know who does your service or if you have availability of parts but if you need anything feel free to contact me brandondobbs@ymail.com