• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scam Vendor??? Have you received this????

LoGl

We deal with vendors for business cards and printing and we just last week got this great sampling of business cards in the mail. When I went to their website to check them out....well, let's say I'm not feeling like this place is legit.

This is what I sent to them:

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:26 AM
To: info@newprintfactory.com
Subject: Information Request

Hello,

I would like to request more information from you about your company. Where are you located? Where are the products you provide manufactured out of?

What type of machinery/facility do you operate?

Also...do you have any references/client lists?

Thank you.

Then.. this is what I got back in an email:

RE: [SPAM] Information Request
Inbox
X
Paul Chun to me
show details 11:06 AM (1 hour ago)
Images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from info@newprintfactory.com
HI Lori,
Thank you for request.
We originally located at CA and Korea. We been over 10years special printing at Korean town in LA.
Now , it is expend our business.
I cannot tell you about all our Facility, but It is best equipment and skill we have.
If you have a samples , call or e-mail for current my customers.
If you have a quote , just simply re-ply and attached e-mail.
I will give you quote best I can.
thanks

Anyone dealt with them or heard of them?

newprintfactory.com

Just curious.
Happy Day!
Thanks!

SignManiac

I just received this one and here's my response:

Hello,

This mail is to make inquiry on the below question.

1- Do you carry oversea? (though i already know of a freight forwarder that will pick my packages from you,since they ship lesser than any other courier and they are so effective in shipping my goods to me here in Victoria , Australia is estimated to be 3-4days) I have used there service in the past and it was splendid.

2- Do you accept credit card for payment(my U.S.A Master and Visa card to be precise)?

Kindly let me know your comments on these, before i send the items i am interested in purchasing from you.

Best Regards.
WUTH SUPPLY.

Yes we accept every major credit card, even the new faux cards issued by the newer questionable merchants from the world over. I humbly await your order.

Sincerely Mr.Rogers
Neighborhood.

Fanaticus

might not hurt just to check them out a little. Request a sample pack. If that all checks out and is satisfactory, then maybe place a small order and see what happens. Maybe call them on the phone too and talk to a real person.

We deal with Korean and other Asian businesses who often do not speak english fluently, but well enough to understand (most the time). Sometimes their business practices seem questionable, just because we're not accustomed to them, but they are legit.

Why would they reveal the equipment they use and the process they operate it in? Those are trade secrets for many companies. We do not tell our buyers where we have our film manufactured or the equipment that is used... other than the weather simulator we use to test our films on. If you tell too much information then your buyer becomes your competition.

LoGl

Why would they reveal the equipment they use and the process they operate it in? Those are trade secrets for many companies. We do not tell our buyers where we have our film manufactured or the equipment that is used... other than the weather simulator we use to test our films on. If you tell too much information then your buyer becomes your competition.[/QUOTE
]

Really? I am not entitled to know what type of press/digital equipment or whatnot that they are using to print on? What their process is? Seriously? And...not for nothing...if it's shipping from CA I know I am ground 4-5 days UPS...if it is shipping from NJ then a 1-2 turnaround. Why the hell would I NOT want to know these things????

Sure...I will just place an order on "Good Faith". Cause I'm sure that is what any good consumer does.

And the thing is...I DID get a sample pack. The products were great...which is why I began researching them.

I only posted to see if anyone's dealt with these guys before? As it stands....no way would I send a penny their way at this point.

TheSnowman

I liked "Re-ply"...like you separated the toilet paper, and had to put it back together or something.

Insert clip from "The Office" here___________________.

Fanaticus

]

Really? I am not entitled to know what type of press/digital equipment or whatnot that they are using to print on? What their process is? Seriously? And...not for nothing...if it's shipping from CA I know I am ground 4-5 days UPS...if it is shipping from NJ then a 1-2 turnaround. Why the hell would I NOT want to know these things????

Sure...I will just place an order on "Good Faith". Cause I'm sure that is what any good consumer does.

And the thing is...I DID get a sample pack. The products were great...which is why I began researching them.

I only posted to see if anyone's dealt with these guys before? As it stands....no way would I send a penny their way at this point.

Yes, Seriously, for some companies that is their secret if they wish it to be. Doesn't mean ALL companies act that way. No, you're not "Entitled" to know that information. They don't have to tell you if they don't want to. Do you have to buy from them? No. If you're so against them and feel ill about them to begin with, why would it matter if any one here has dealt with them?

LoGl

Yes, Seriously, for some companies that is their secret if they wish it to be. Doesn't mean ALL companies act that way. No, you're not "Entitled" to know that information. They don't have to tell you if they don't want to. Do you have to buy from them? No. If you're so against them and feel ill about them to begin with, why would it matter if any one here has dealt with them?

I like to give the benefit of the doubt. Obviously I asked and took the time to post so that if someone here had heard of them...and had a good experience....I would most likely be ordering their product. If I felt 100% positive it was a scam....would I be here looking to get opinions that in the end don't really have anything to do with the question "Has anyone had any experience with this company?"

I find it interesting that you would do business with a company based solely on what is up front in your hands. No knowledge of their processess....etc. Because what does that all matter when it comes to printing? Water based ink???? Solvent????? Cut Vinyl????? Are they a "green" company???? Do they pollute the world???? Crazy that I would want to know any of this!:omg:

Flame

Water based ink???? Solvent????? Cut Vinyl????? Are they a "green" company???? Do they pollute the world???? Crazy that I would want to know any of this!:omg:

Like has been mentioned, you are not entitled to know anything about how they produce the product. Want to try them out? Place an order. Asking about their equipment and not getting an answer is really not that odd though. Sorry. I don't tell customers the equipment I have, not really their business what model of printer I chose IMO.

If you think it's a scam why are you wasting your time even talking about them? There are dozens of multimillion dollar companies who produce this kind of work, you can take your pick. If one sounds fishy, why even mess with them when you have so many to choose from?

Marlene

Really? I am not entitled to know what type of press/digital equipment or whatnot that they are using to print on? What their process is? Seriously?

no, not your business. what is the weight of the paper, the types of printing, raised/flat/full color. you can ask if there are recycled paper options and if their inks are green. past that, none of your bees wax what type of equipment they have.

there are a ton of good local shops that do printing so why bother with these guys any way? if it's because they are dirt cheap, the chance of them having the best equipment and best papers/green inks and such are pretty slim to none.

Si Allen

Marlene ... I tend to diagree with you!

If you want cheap junk, Chinese!

But ... In my experience, Korean stuff is top notch!

In this case, it appears to be a Korean company that has expanded into So. Calif. to tap into our local market.

Small orders are done locally and large orders done in Korea then air freighted here.