• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scams through RELAY phone!!! (***($&*@#`

ProWraps

GD'it. im so f'ing tired of this!!!!!!

all day long i get "relay" calls from operators that are supposed to be typing in what a deaf person says on the other end.

AND THEY ARE SCAMS!!! there is no way to block them from relay calling you either.

anyone else get this crap?

Farmboy

Not in a long time. Operator can only relay what you say. You can tell them it's a scam, but they will act like you're not talking to them. I just hang up.

Malkin

I have gotten both legitamite relay calls and scam relay calls. Usually the scam ones are very easy to detect as they will read from the same script as the scam emails.

There are 2 relay systems. IP RELAY and the STATE RELAY system. The scammers will always use the IP Relay because they do not have any access to the local State system.

When I suspect a scam I say: "Because this call sound like an attempt at fraud I need you to hang up and call us back using your State relay system" They always close the conection before the operator can finsh typing it out.

Bear in mind the operators who work a thankless job, and the disabled Americans who are discriminated against because the criminals have taken over their service. A service which is mandated by the FCC and paid for by you, by way of a fee on your phone bill.

ProWraps

JUST got another one. i really dont want to resort to saying very very obscene things for the poor old lady on the other end to type. cause i know she will. ive done it before. but im at my wits end.

JoshLoring

Scam! We got those for a month. After a while I'd just start saying "hello, hello? You there? Hello? Anybody there?" And hang up.

AUTO-FX

I used to get these all the time when I was running a bodyshop. They would want us to tow their vehicle in from out of state for repair. After I caught on, I would start off with " I think this may be a scam" and the caller would hang up right away. Calls continued on and off for quite some time, but mentioning to the operator that it might be a scam weeds out the scammers. We actually did have 2 customers at the dealership that used the Pennsylvania relay and they were aware of the scammers too.