• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scanner recommendation?

threeputt

We have a basic 5 man commercial sign shop. Our scanner (God knows how old) is not working properly. Is there any real difference in scanners for our purposes? We need to purchase something that will allow us to scan customer supplied artwork for reproduction. Usually nothing high rez or anything, just basic sign stuff. ?Comments?

threeputt

Either that or a multifunction printer - scan, copy, fax, print.
We have two of those at other work stations. (office person, and engraving dept.) We need one that will be at our work station and scan to vector (function of our software at this work station)

d fleming

When I first pick acquire image from pull down tab I have the option to just acquire vector. Set up, scan as normal and vector straight to signlab. I don't usually pick this option. I normally do the trace in signlab but the auto function isn't bad. It's been so long since I set it up it may very well be signlab that offers that function straight from the scanner.

threeputt

so its just autotrace after raster scan?
I think it's just a straight scan to vector. ie: If I select "scan to vector" it will scan the one color logo (or whatever) and pop up a vector in my software. But....my basic question is, is there a lot of difference in flat bed scanners? Should I pay $150 or $350?

J Hill Designs

I think it's just a straight scan to vector. ie: If I select "scan to vector" it will scan the one color logo (or whatever) and pop up a vector in my software. But....my basic question is, is there a lot of difference in flat bed scanners? Should I pay $150 or $350?

the only problem with that is it still will be just an autotrace.............