• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratch & Sniff

Pete Moss

Any ideas of how to make or find scratch and sniff stickers? The idea is to make them from start to finish in house, if possible. It's for a buddies band. They call themselves The Fabulous D-Bags and they are full of tongue and cheek gimmicks. I thought this would make a good addition to their merch. They play punk rock/ Dance Hall. Jokingly I told him they should smell like their tour van, still not sure what sent we will use though. I did find one article using essential oils but it did not make it clear that they reacted with scratching.

rjssigns

IIRC 3M invented the technology.(microspheres that encapsulate the scent) May want to start there. (not much help I know)

If you just go online and type in scratch and sniff you can find a ton of places that will print them for you. If you want to go your own route. I saw a post online but couldn't find it now. Essentially you print your stickers and cut like normal and then create a jell with gelatin an whatever perfume or oil you want to use and basically paint it on the top yourself. When they scratch the thin gel on top you get a burst of smell. Just a side note. I saw it looked good but I haven't tried it. so I don't knw wht they look like I theend.