• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 62 Pro Laminator

Briansos

Greetings,

Is there a way to disable/cheat the lazer eye on this machine? Lately its really been acting up. The materials are loaded flawlessly with no problems at all, yet the eye will randomly "sense" something an cause the autofeed to cease. I then have to use the manual boot feeder to creep the job forward until the eye decides all is well again. I thought perhaps some dust was interfearing, but after cleaning the area, no change.

Just being able to disable this thing so I can always use the auto feed feature would be great. (Yes, I am aware the lazer eye is a safety device to be sure fingers and other objects arent accidently sucked up and laminated).

ForgeInc

We had an old laminator left in our shop we were trying to salvage, but it was unsalvageable. When we opened it up they disabled the eye by removing the "receiver" from one side of the machine, moving it to the other side, then clipping it directly to the laser "permanently" with a binder clip fooling the machine. (That wasn't what was unsalvageable, we actually did get it to turn on after we realigned the 2 pieces.

Too funny.

I bet you could do the same thing....

K Wheeler

open the receiver side safety eye all the way clockwise.....this is the eye the light is NOT emitted from....small flathead screw slot on the eye itself.....this machine has used two types of eyes in its history but both work the same way......