• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal vs Drytac and Do I need heat assist?

Stratguru

Hi all. Thanks in advance for the help! Getting ready to do an equipment purchase. I want the best tool for the job. Comparing Seal vs DryTac. We are a specialty shop, not a sign shop, although our products may include signs occasionally.

First question: Do I need the heat assist top roller?

We are printing 90% of our stuff on 3M IJ35C air release. The other 10% on clear overlaminate.

Second question: As far as cost goes, LedCo seems at the top, then Seal. Is this generally the case? DryTac is in a pack of third place mfgs.

I ask as I want the best, most rock solid, tools we can get. Also of concern is warranty, on site support, and ease of use.

Your thoughts?

31legen

Laminator

I have a seal 54 base and am happy with it. I live 10 minutes from the drytac headquarters and demo'd there machines. Astheticaly I liked the drytac. The only reason I bought the seal because it was 1800.00. I wouldn't be afraid of the drytac. They are European designed and very comparable to a seal.