• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seaming a banner backdrop

WCSign

I searched (banner backdrop, seam backdrop, etc etc) couldnt find a solid answer.

I have a smaller printer VS-420 and one of the projects im doing for my event company this summer will be a podium backdrop (sponsor logos etc), made from 36" banner material total = 8' tall x 9' wide (or so)

What method would you use to seam the 3 pieces of vinyl together that would last for 5 weekend long events?

thanks

mopar691

Myself I bring them to the local Amish Buggy shop.

Horses outside walking around in circles powering their industrial sewing machines. Belts, gears and turning shafts all over the place but they do awesome work and will sew up anything I bring them for 5 bucks.

Look for a local tarp shop or someplace similar. I am sure they can do it.

WCSign

thanks guys.. obviously all common sense stuff. I wanted to make sure that there wasnt some magical way that I as a newbie would never have known about

the amish buggy place sounds fun

ChicagoGraphics

The time it takes you to print the banner then put it all together you can out source it and it will be cheaper to have done to.

GB2

Old Member
Use banner tape to seam the sections together, it will easily last the duration you require and the seam will almost be invisable. If you need it to break down into seperate sections for any reason, then use velcro. Of course subbing it out to get a seamless backdrop is preferred but the extra time, effort and cost may not be worth it to you.

WCSign

Use banner tape to seam the sections together, it will easily last the duration you require and the seam will almost be invisable. If you need it to break down into seperate sections for any reason, then use velcro. Of course subbing it out to get a seamless backdrop is preferred but the extra time, effort and cost may not be worth it to you.

:goodpost:
Thanks I was thinking about velcro for transport purposes..

LOL and yeah I have a 20k printer and banner material laying here.. ill not be subbing this out for my own company just to be used in 5 sets of pics, and where new sponsors may jump in mid year so id have to change logos anyways

obviously if this was for a paying customer I would give them the options