• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sectional graphics on a Zuma Scooter, whats your technique?

WCSign

This is only the 3rd "sectional" style wrap that Ive done (kinda like dirtbike graphics)

ive mocked up using paper in the past, and it just takes forever for me.. this time I got frustrated and slapped some clear laminate on the body panels, outlined the section with a sharpie and then ripped the laminate off and stuck it back to paper.

now of course it was wrinkled and wasnt perfect, but I took a good pic with my phone, emailed it to myself and took 1 measurement. Brought the pic into AI, set the size and made the cutline.

cut a piece, it was a little off (corner roundness size mostly) I went back, made some adjustments and the second cut fit up really nice.

Of course now im gonna do the layout, print, laminate and get it on!! lol

Just wondering, am I *** backwards, or does anyone else do anything similar to mock up stuff?

what technique works best for you?

Ill post pics of the finsihed zuma and its big brother Rhino next week before it heads off to the Nascar Race at Sonoma