• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

security device cant be detected?!!!!

gabagoo

This is strange. I decided this morning to load my HP software for my scanner into the computer that runs Signlab. I loaded the software and I run the scanner off of a usb hub and it works fine. Signlabs security dongle is in a serial port and was never taken out or touched, but now it seems the program keeps shutting down with a "Cant detect security device" warning. Do you suppose the HP software has affected my signlab security settings?

I will remove the HP software....and maybe thats why it was not in there for all this time but I dont remember.

Any thoughts on this?

gabagoo

uh huh!!!!

Before uninstalling the software, i removed the usb hub and now Signlab works..

Wats wit dat?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
only thing i can think of is something was off in the port setting for the scanner....that is was somehow set to the serial port and that's why signlab was skitzing out..

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
well I guess I know now why I never ran the scanner from that computer

:ROFLMAO: i had similar issues when i still ran signlab....but we only run omega now...

i guess its not a problem as long as you have another pc you can run the scanner from....