• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

See thru vinyl

Dave Stacey

Hi
I printed a full color image on 50/50 perforated vinyl. It was put on inside a service drive thru area window indoors. The window faced the new car showroom area. The problem was the showroom lights are so bright they can't read the sign from the service area.I made this for a jobber & they didn't want the extra cost for laminating as this will be changed seasonally.
Is there another solution- option for this?

Thanks

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's what I'm thinking Bigfish... we almost always use a 70/30 on shop windows... there is a definite difference in visiblilty.. but the problem it seems you are having is glare from the lights? Is that right?

Letterbox Mike

Clearfocus makes a reflective window perf that is supposed to help with that, but we've yet to try it. That and try going to 70/30, it may help. Otherwise, it is what it is. The ambient light has to be brighter on the print side than on the adhesive side of the window for the perf to work right. The same thing happens at night on storefront windows with perf, if there is light on inside the building but not much light outside, you can't even tell the perf is there.

Dave Stacey

I didn't go see it, they took it off right away. They manager wanted to see from the showroom into the service area but both areas are extremely bright.
I previously covered the outside window of a dealer to cut down the sun glare which worked out fine but when I went back at night I thought they had been taken down because you could see right into the showroom through the perf because the showroom was so bright.

Would the 70-30 make that much of a difference?

WrapperX

Thats the number one problem with VIEW THROUGH "vinyls" If the lighting inside is brighter then the outside, you will never see the image fully - even a 70/30 will be exposed. Especially at night when the interior lights are most effective! If they want to see through it, this is the trade they willingly take with perf. They could go with a cheap banner material, but they wont be able to see through. Static cling works well too, lets the light through, even white backed static, and is visible 24 hrs.

cgsigns_jamie

Go with 70/30 and maybe "tint" the windows on the inside.

You can get a static cling type tint from Lowes. This would help keep the light from passing though the windows and washing out the image.