• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Separate PC or RIP PC for roll cutter (Graphtec) - Larger shops

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Over the holidays, we've moved to a larger place (1000 SQM) and now tools are grouped and spread out in sections / stations.

We currently use the RIP Pc with Onyx x22 with cut server to run the Graphtec.

What are people doing when running 1 or more Graphtec's away from the RIP PC?
I was thinking to have a small PC next to the Graphtec to run cutserver on it's own.
Are there any other better practices / software / workflows out there?

**I wont run any additional software that requires additional touchpoints. With cut server, files are ripped, sent to cut server, then the Graphtec picks up the barcode and starts cutting.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Can you do All In One's or mini pcs VESA mounted to the back of a monitor? That's what we are doing to run GoSign on our Summas. It also doubles as a entry point for job logging and updates

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Can you do All In One's or mini pcs VESA mounted to the back of a monitor? That's what we are doing to run GoSign on our Summas. It also doubles as a entry point for job logging and updates
Yeah more of along the lines where i was going with it.

I have a few older dell thin clients i bought recently, i was planning to use that either on windows (if it doesn't struggle) or RDP into a VM on my server running Onyx cut server.
But was wondering what else people do.

I have others i use for job logging and despatch etc, but they all run Ubuntu as it's all web server software talking to my server.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Well with barcode the control is at the cutters end.

I haven't worked with Graphtec in year's but the summa requires a PC to drive the barcode server either through IP or USB if it's a camera model.

With the FC9000, when using TCP/IP it's connected directly to onyx cut server.

The simple operation of the FC9000 is:
- load media etc
- Scan Barcode (with onboard scanner)
- FC9000 talks to cut server, establishes connection, find file and starts cutting.

Realistically, user doesn't need to touch cut server, only if barcode doesn't read (if cut to short, barcode is damaged etc)

May have to experiment. as i may just put the PC there for a logging point as the fotoba and our guillotine is in the same area.

unmateria

Hi :) we use a VM on a central server and terminals all over the shop. Cameras and cutters with USB works great with ds510 ethernet to USB extender. We tried some extenders but this is the only one that works great (we have 3 of those even in a CNC)