• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seriously Arlon? Anyone using this stuff please look

chopper

Amen, I learned this lesson even though I used it properly. Cast only from here on out and if your budget doesn't allow you can go to one of the local hacks who will gladly whore themselves out for pennies...

Back to Oracal and 3M. It is a much happier place anyways.

Thanks,
Kurt
Kurt,
all you need to do is print those photos out and hang them in your office and when you are asked why you will only use cast media, just point to the photos.....
//chopper

LarryB

So it seems Arlon is the new Avery. We have had tons of problems with this stuff over the past 2 years and this is the latest. So a bit of warning if you like replacing graphics after 6 mos to a year for free constantly head on out and buy this.

As you can see the adhesive has separated from the vinyl. To date we have replaced over 15 sets of truck graphics and a few full wraps and partials.

Buyer beware.

Thanks,
Kurt

Yep I've had the same problems with Arlon. The vinyl separates from the adhesive and almost falls off the vehicle. I have replaced those jobs with 3M.

W

wetgravy

I feel you on that one man, Vinyl issues are never fun. In my shop we order orcal and it seems about 1 out of every 5 rolls of metallic vinyl we order has banding IN the metallic. Talk about not fun.

Mason

Believe what is best for you. I did not say water running down the vinyl I said cleaning methods. We all know pressure washing causes mucho trouble. Yes?.

However. Peeling only from the top and not the bottom says a few things. It does not say the vinyl is the problem.

This peeling is nothing like the "A" problem of a few years ago. Believe me I know that deal. I was one of the first to be told there is no problem after crying loudly about major trouble. I was one of the first to post about it too. It was later they finally admitted there was something wrong when lots of us had shrinkage.

Let me repeat myself a little. Peeling like that over a ridge and only on the top of the install immediately makes me think it is calendared vinyl or a cleaning problem. I had no idea if this product was calendared or not. But now we find out it is.

In the end. The OP may have installed it according to specs. So be it.
This only reinforces the general rule is that vehicles get cast vinyl at all times no matter what.

What, you work for Arlon? or are you just acting as their Attorney?

The stuff is crap, face it.

bendeane

I'm still pretty wet behind the ears, so not sure my opinion counts for much, but use Arlon 6000 XRP almost exclusively for wraps and have had no issues.