• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Service Call 0002 Roland VG540

therealboss

A customer called me this morning to do a regular maintenance on his machine whilst performing a nozzle check, the machine shows scan motor error 002 002
so I checked the slide bearing, after changing the slider bearing, now am facing service call 002. I have changed the flex cable between mainboard and servo board. the error keeps coming immediately after turning on the machine. what could be the problem I've checked all the fuses on the mainboard and servo board all read correct.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-06 at 14.46.32_fdeaa1a5.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-06 at 14.46.32_fdeaa1a5.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 46

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
This is a problem with communication between the main board and servo board. You can try unplugging all of the cables from the servo board (keep the cables that connect the main board and servo board plugged in) If you get a different error, then it's something downstream from the servo board. If you get the same error then the likelihood is that the board is bad.

therealboss

This is a problem with communication between the main board and servo board. You can try unplugging all of the cables from the servo board (keep the cables that connect the main board and servo board plugged in) If you get a different error, then it's something downstream from the servo board. If you get the same error then the likelihood is that the board is bad.
I still get the same error after unpluging all cables. which of the boards is bad the mainboard or the servo board?

damonCA21

I still get the same error after unpluging all cables. which of the boards is bad the mainboard or the servo board?
One or the other. The only easy way to tell is to replace one of them for a known working board and see if that fixes it. It is more common for the servo board to fail, so I would start there

therealboss

The you
One or the other. The only easy way to tell is to replace one of them for a known working board and see if that fixes it. It is more common for the servo board to fail, so I would start there
for your swift responds, I will go with the servo board to check and report whatever happens thank you very much