• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Contracts on Flatbeds?

SignManiac

For the shops here running flatbeds, what are the extended service contracts running on your particular machine after the first year of warantee is over?

Also how reliable has your machine been during the first year? Are you happy with the printer you went with or would you buy another one if you had it to do over again?

Thanks in advance.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Dont need a service contract with mine. You BECOME the mechanic for it. Almost everything is self servicible on it. Call up our tech support and they will walk you through it. We replace heads on our own...calibrate...all that fun stuff. It really is important in my opinion to be capable of going under the hood like that. Im quite happy with my Vutek...and the year on it is almost up.

KR3signguy

A service contract is important. Not for simple stuff but for when the machine has electrical malfunctions, blown boards, severe vaccum problems or more complex issues and you've got to be up and running asap. When that time comes, you'll wish that you've paid for it. Some high end manufacturers provide service as long as your purchasing their ink.
Are you looking to upgrade?

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Need to talk to the tech support with the printer youre thinking of buying. If they have their crap together, they can most likely get you through a situation on the phone.
KR3...Youd be surprised as to what they want you to test on these things BEFORE a tech is dispatched. Ive gone under the hood with the voltmeter testing key connections and they've determined if it was a board or a breaker or both. And for the cost of the phone call, the voltmeter and overnight shipping of a part....it was worth the money saved on a contract. I was up and running the very next day by 11am.

ksc

sign shop owner

Do not !purchase a hp / colorspan flatbed uv printer i have had mine for about 11 months with onley 60 hrs on it The printer has had over 60 in shop man hours on it (warranty repaire time) and is not fixed yet....the printer was purchased 1/07 im having my lawyer return it for me.......