• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting printers IP address in Caldera

GP

I was getting intermittent program errors in Caldera when sending print jobs to my HP L25500.

Support had me delete, download and install new drivers.

Last note was to make sure to designate printer's IP address in ServerAdmin.

How do I do this?

I feel like an idiot.

Thanks for your help,

Gregg

related no 1 - Remember when you got a manual when you purchased $2000 software?

related no 2 - we need a caldera section in Signs101 for all my stupid questions

nate

I was getting intermittent program errors in Caldera when sending print jobs to my HP L25500.

Support had me delete, download and install new drivers.

Last note was to make sure to designate printer's IP address in ServerAdmin.

How do I do this?

I feel like an idiot.

Thanks for your help,

Gregg

related no 1 - Remember when you got a manual when you purchased $2000 software?

related no 2 - we need a caldera section in Signs101 for all my stupid questions

The manual is in Caldera. Click on ABOUT and then hit DOCUMENTATION. To answer your question, Go to Server Admin, click on the server/printer you want to edit and choose Configure. In the Connection Tab, uncheck auto-detect, and change the connection type to LP. Type in the IP address and select proceed.

GP

Thank you - after the 10th time of repeating the same steps, it successfully connected.

I am blaming my fat fingers -

Time for a beer.

GP