• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Setting up Graphtec Cutter

DERI

Hi Everyone and thank you for reading this post.

I'm about to purchase a Graphtec CE6000 and I want to get some understanding before I buy.

I own a latex 110 printer with the use of onyx RIP and trying to understand if I also need to set up the graphtec to Onyx in order for the CE6000 to contour cut? In all the videos I see I notice you set up contour cuts in adobe illustrator then just send straight to print and right after that I feed the material into the cutter for automatic registration so how does this apply to my RIP and printer? how do I connect the dots?

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

Danielsdzyn

I use fine cut plug-in which came with our mimaki plotter. This gives me the capability to set up the registration marks. Then I print, and contour cut on our plotter.
Maybe there is a plug-in for illustrator for the graphtec plotter that allows you to do the same thing? To me, going through onyx to set up the crop marks is bothersome. I like to see exactly what I'm printing on the screen ahead of time.

akuarela

Deri, a couple of tips that apparently were not mentioned in the video:
I have set the CutContour as a 100% magenta with that name and have saved it as a special swatch in illustrator
When you go to print, in the RIP, you have the option of telling the printer that it's going to be a print & cut job, in that way, you mark Graphtec and then the printer will print all the marks, code, etc.I'm not at the office right now to show you a screen shot of where it is, but let me know if needed and I'll do that next week.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I use fine cut plug-in which came with our mimaki plotter. This gives me the capability to set up the registration marks. Then I print, and contour cut on our plotter.
Maybe there is a plug-in for illustrator for the graphtec plotter that allows you to do the same thing? To me, going through onyx to set up the crop marks is bothersome. I like to see exactly what I'm printing on the screen ahead of time.

Graphtec also make "Cutting Master 3" plugin for Illustrator (don't use v4, problematic) which does exactly this.

DERI

Thank you everyone for your responses. All of this is very informative and useful with my purchase.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
thanks for this. SO with Cutting Master 3 in adobe can I bypass onyx Rip contour cut settings?
Yes
you set up the contours and registration marks in Illustrator with the hep of the CM3 plug-in.
It works well and is not hard to set up.
You would use Onyx to rip and print the saved ai/eps/pdf file.
I use the CM3 AI plug-ins to cut & Flexi to do the rip & print with my CE6000.

wayne k
guam usa

DERI

Yes
you set up the contours and registration marks in Illustrator with the hep of the CM3 plug-in.
It works well and is not hard to set up.
You would use Onyx to rip and print the saved ai/eps/pdf file.
I use the CM3 AI plug-ins to cut & Flexi to do the rip & print with my CE6000.

wayne k
guam usa
Thank you very much!

AGCharlotte

Careful though... CM3 does not work with Illustrator CC 2018. I keep both CC 2017 and 2018 on my computer specifically do be able to use CM3, because like other people have mentioned CM4 is ... different. :)

papabud

Lone Wolf
first i would like to suggest not getting a CE machine. the FC line is built a little stronger and much better for production.
ok thats my 2 cents on that.
now i use AI. hp latex an onyx rip and a graphtec cutter.
my machine all play very nice with each other. now and then they throw a fit and act up. a little worst when i am dealing with reflective material.
but i will create my print cut file in AI.
in onyx i have 2 print quick sets defined. print/cut and print.
my print is just that a straight print with crops and label.
then print/cut sets it up for all the settings and things needed to send a job to the cutter.
and yes if your just doing a cut file and no printing. i do recommend cutting master.
i am still using version 2. maybe one of these days i will get 3 and install it.
its a simple item in your file menu. easy to read interface.