• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop logo re-design

jtinker

Owner
redesigning the shop logo. The gear is going to be spinning when I finally get around to putting it up on the building

Attachments

• tb1_ANdP1i.jpg
    tb1_ANdP1i.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 84
  • SIGNFACTORY.jpg
    SIGNFACTORY.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I like the idea of the spinning gear, i would probably try to limit your colors down a little just to make it cleaner on the eyes (not counting the gear you have 6 colors) ... layout is pretty standard, and a lot better than before. probably make "The" with the background the same color and styling as 'factory' that is all I can think of.

Craig Sjoquist

Agrees reduce colors, the same as fact_ry..outside of gear same as sign.. inside maybe even same as fact_ry
Another would be use a light or med weight font for the

I like the simple, bold, clean look of this, with the clean gear placed, also the air space in panel.

Moze

Is one of those old and one new? Or both new?

The top one doesn't look like a gear to me - the teeth look too long and skinny and rounded. Maybe give them more of a machined look...?

Just my two cents.

jtinker

Owner
the top logo was the logo they had before. I'm just going in there and it doesn't have much brand recognician here so i decided to scrap it and redesign it.

I reduced the colors and used a lighter font on the "the"

Attachments

• SIGNFACTORY.jpg
    SIGNFACTORY.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited by a moderator:

Moze

Gotchya...

I think a more 'machined' gear would look better. That one reminds me of a mud tire. No offense, just my opinion.

jtinker

Owner
Now that you mention it, it does look like a mud tire, and its all i see when i look at it. I didnt do the first logo, that was the one they had when I came on staff.

SignProPlus-Chip

Definitely simplify the gear design. Also watch the kerning on the font you're using, seems to be a lot of space between the "R" and the "Y". Speaking of the font, what's with the extended leg on the "R"? It's creating a horrible tangent and point of tension on the whole design IMO.

Last edited: