• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted SHOPPING MALL LED DIRECTORIES

akajohndavis

Hey Guys,
I have a small Shopping mall looking to change their existing Mall directories into digital directories where they can change out graphics for Way finding, events and tenant advertising.
Below is an example photo of the approximate size. A total of 5, two sided Directories.
Would anyone know of a company could help me with this and that has programmable software for the property management tp program. The signs would be primarily outside.

Thanks!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 62
It would seem to me that all it is is a large LED TV (with a glass or acrylic over it to prevent idiots from damging it adn isolate it from the weather, but it does need venting slots ) and then you hook up to it's computer monitor input and hook it to a computer. Then you make a screen with the mall directory. Whatever you can do on a computer, will appear on the screen. you just have to turn it the long way. You could even keep it horizontal and mount it higher up and have side by side panels on the screen like the airports and bus terminals. You can make the type big and put it on an 80" and the are OUTDOOR TV's made! You could switch between a list and a map version. I'm sure there are companies that specialize in it, but its not un-doable by yourself.

Signstein

At a previous shop we used Sunbrite displays fitted into custom "cabinets" as Ron mentions above. Can't remember what the software was called - but it was installed on a central computer and then pushed to the various displays which were on the same network.

Dan360

United Visual, they have multiple software options they can load them with for you as well. (Don't recall if they have double sided though)