• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I Switch?

SignStudent

I've been happy with my oracal 3651/210, but grimco is trying to talk me into using the IJ35c with their briteline shield laminate. I'd save some money and if the quality is just as good then I'll switch.

I've always heard good things about 3m products, but I'm more curious to know if anyone is using their laminate and how well it works?

HulkSmash

I've been happy with my oracal 3651/210, but grimco is trying to talk me into using the IJ35c with their briteline shield laminate. I'd save some money and if the quality is just as good then I'll switch.

I've always heard good things about 3m products, but I'm more curious to know if anyone is using their laminate and how well it works?

That's a no brainer. THe IJ35 is really good. I wouldn't use the Briteline Shield though, it's pretty low quality. I'd suggest their R TAPE lam. It's really nice, and like 20-30 bucks more a roll over the BriteLine.

Jesse_gvi

I use 210G on IJ35. The new 3M gloss lam is a little too yellow for me. I haven't tried the BriteLine lam though.

SignStudent

Well so far I'm debating between just sticking with 210g or saving a bit and using the rtape laminate. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

Freese

There is no question the IJ35 is great stuff. I order it from Grimco quite often and am pleased with the quality.

I use Briteline Vinyl too sometimes when quality isn't as much of an issue, but honestly the briteline vinyl I use (IM3202) is comparable in quality to the IJ35...both work great on the printers I see it run through.

I don't use laminate often, but I have had customers/associates who use the RTape laminate, and I assume they are happy because I haven't heard anything negative!

Mosh

210 lam is only a 4 year life you do know right? We use Oraguard 290 on stuff that need to last!!!!! The price is hard to beat for what you get....
on

GB2

Old Member
The 3M IJ35 is a great product. I also use the R Tape laminate all the time and can recommend it as a great all around cal-laminate.