• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sidewalk sign project

nolanola

Hello.
Our client wants us to build a wooden side walk sign.
The plan is attached.
We are going to use a latex paint from Sherwin Williams.

Do you know where I can order that piece of hardware that holds the two sides together and does not let it unfold all the way?
Or should we just use a chain?

What do you think?

Thank you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• a frame.jpg
    a frame.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 275

Kottwitz-Graphics

Just use eye hooks and a short piece of chain. You can pick it all up at the local hardware store.

Sooper makes hinges and feet (available from most sign supply) that you can attach to pieces of MDO.

boxerbay

people still build wooden a-frame signs?

signacade?
metalcraft industries?

if your fabbing it you can always use a piece of flat bar with a hole on one end and a hook on the other end.

neato

A wood A Frame might be more expensive and heavy, but it's a much nicer looking finished product if done correctly than the cheap prefabbed plastic signs.

fresh

We have always found that A frame signs don't blow over, but they do slam shut which causes them to fall. SO we always install a wooden brace (2x4 screwed into bottom of frame). I recommend you doing the same.