• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Foam Substitute

mgieske

Anyone heard of Zunaboard HDU? I have a vendor pushing it at approx 17% less cost than Signfoam 3. Tempting, since I'm preparing a PO for (10) 4x8x1.5" sheets. Samples are on the way- I'll post my thoughts upon receipt.

k.a.s.

My main supplyer just started carrying it, I am going to try it but hav'nt yet. I saw some samples and it looks pretty good, it starts out as smooth as Signfoam so I think it should be good, and I'm always up for saving money.

Kevin

Richard Flint

I haven't tried it yet either. It's a product called Corofoam by Duna-USA Inc. Their main office is in Italy. I have a sample and catalog. Looks simular to Signfoam. I think I may give it a try.

mgieske

Just an update- We ran (3) 3" x4x8 sheets of the 15lb & it appears to machine exactly like Signfoam 3. 500ipm feed rates & no issues.

HDU is costly & I'm glad to see some quality competition in the market driving pricing down-like a free market should.

Jillbeans

Jasper board is good stuff too. I get mine from Glantz. I don't route it, just scrollsaw and Dremel, etc.
Love....Jill