• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Gold.... Or Not

Drip Dry

My supplier just sent me a roll of Sign Gold. The box is labeled "Quick sign gold"
The other boxes I have from previously has the original Sign Gold Logo on it.

The material looks the same.

When I google "Sign Gold" it seems that I only get the Quick name.

Anybody know if it's the same. Did they change names or something ?

Thanks

letterman7

Same thing, different owners. The guy that started Sign Gold took the technology and improved on it and started Real Gold Inc. Processes are the same, surface textures and quality are far different. Weirdly, I rather prefer Sign Gold as it has more imperfections than Real Gold, lending a little bit more of a hand-laid look, though I prefer to print on Real Gold. Hows that for an answer?

Drip Dry

Same thing, different owners. The guy that started Sign Gold took the technology and improved on it and started Real Gold Inc. Processes are the same, surface textures and quality are far different. Weirdly, I rather prefer Sign Gold as it has more imperfections than Real Gold, lending a little bit more of a hand-laid look, though I prefer to print on Real Gold. Hows that for an answer?

It's a good answer. Did'nt know if my supplier was trying to pass off an inferior product. Thank You

BTW... since I posted this thread, I got 2 emails from Real Gold. A coincidence... I don't think so