• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Installation Drawing - Engineer?

HVSS

Hey everybody,

I have a 32" x 96" Carved Redwood Sign job which I will soon be installing. The township in which I have to submit for is telling me I need a drawing illustrating the mounting detail with an engineers seal on it?? Has anyone ever run into this? The sign will be going into a facade with stucco finish... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

J Hill Designs

yep never for a wall mounted S/B sign, but at that size I can see why I guess...just draw it up and pay an engineer to wet stamp it or he'll tell you what needs to be changed

G

Ginger

We ran into this silliness some time ago as well. I just drew something up in Corel and sent it to an architect to have him give his seal.

Attachments

• 10.47.jpg
    10.47.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 150

Kottwitz-Graphics

I used to have engineered drawings for almost all the projects that I worked on, but they were huge price changer signs for gas stations, and billboards.

The town is just covering their @#$ to make sure that signs are properly mounted, and not stuck up with duct tape and liquid nails. I would call the town planning and zoning and see if they have an alternate way of allowing the sign. You will have to supply a drawing of the proposed way of installing, and they will send someone out to check to make sure its installed the way you proposed.