• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Letter HELP!!

Laminatrix

I'll make this as quick and simple as possible. This will be my first time installing sign letters, and I'm a little confused. The letters are custom cast and very heavy. They are to be mounted with a 1/2" standoff....onto drywall. Here's where the confusion sets in. According to the company I ordered these from, all I need to do is make sure I put silicone into the predrilled holes, and on the mounting studs, and it should be fine. In my experience, it doesn't seem as though the drywall will be strong enoung to hold these letters into place. They're heavy....HEAVY!!

I wouldn't worry if I knew that they would all, at some point or another, be drilled into the wall stud, but unfortunately some won't even touch a stud.

So I need advice!!!

Does anyone know any tricks of the trade? Or have any suggestions for the best way to do this?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i installed a 16in x 24in solid brass wall plaque with five studs...i siliconed the studs, and shot a little extra on the back of the plaque...stuck the studs in the predrilled holes and pushed it into the wall..no problem...

a couple years back i put three 18in cast metal letters onto a stucco finished exterior wall....used the silicone with the studs....that's at least 5 years ago by now...and they're still there...i walk past them every time i go into the bar.... :)