• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Sign Material ID -Help

Hello All,

I am trying to match a sign material for a client that saw a sign from somewhere. We are very new in CNC cutting of materials and does not know what is available in the market. I looked at the existing sign and it appears to be a hard substrate about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick maybe wood but definitely not aluminum. It looks like a painted material and is installed outdoors.

See picture below and advise of ideas/recommended materials materials could be matching and paint type used if ever.

Thank you!

Attachments

• sample 1.png
    sample 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 259

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Hmm, looks like ACM to me. Perhaps Pal board? It's like ACM, but much lighter and less expensive. Pal Board is a multi layered PVC. It cuts really well - clean and easy to cut.

Andy D

Impossible to tell from your picture... It is likely painted acrylic or some other type of plastic. I doubt it would be a wood product, wood that thin would warp.