• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Post Bracket thingamajig...

weaselboogie

I've seen these before, but don't know the exact name and cannot find these in the hardware store... It's similar to an I-beam clamp, but this is more for a post. The clamp tightens around the post and there is a hole at the other end for a bolt to attach a sign.

This is for a seasonal sign and we're trying not to have to drill into the post.

Looking for a name and/or source. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 83

davidcarr87

how big is the post? and what thickness whats it made of? how sturdy does it need to be? (is it in a windy place 40+mph often)

weaselboogie

There will be two brackets on each side of a 4"x72" x .080 aluminum panel. They're not all the way on the end... maybe 12" in on each side. Post is 2.5" in width made from square steel tubing. Low wind.

This is under a directional sign and the 4"x72" panel that will be used with the brackets is for a seasonal merchant.

davidcarr87

could you maybe use a " U bolt "?
their really cheap at a auto parts store..
i have seen this done on a few concrete poles...you would have the ends of the u bolt sticking threw the sign with nuts..but they made em look some what nice..they painted them to match the parts of the sign..

just a thought??
or if there is a local sheet metal shop just go to them and tell em what you need..most shops charge $75 an hour..and i member when i managed one i could prob crank out something like that in a few min..so your lookin at a few hundred in an hour..then you have to add material and bolts etc..

weaselboogie

I've been all over my town and various parts and hardware stores and I think the part that I'm thinking of is an I-Beam clamp. I need something that will accommodate a 2.5" opening, but the largest I-beam clamp was 1".

Attachments

• Beam Clamp.jpg
    Beam Clamp.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 77