• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

signab 8 general question...

gabagoo

I am used to having the wheel on my mouse allow me to scroll, but on version 8 it seems to be locked in a magnification setting and is driving me nuts. I have looked around but cant seem to find somewhere to make the change.

anyone have a clue?

thanks

Mosh

SignLab is a a rip off, I have used it since v2 and plan NEVER so spend the cash for an upgrade!!!!!!

gabagoo

SignLab is a a rip off, I have used it since v2 and plan NEVER so spend the cash for an upgrade!!!!!!

I guess you could say that about all sign software upgrades.

I had Signlab way back when it cut through my Gerber sprint with a fast card and ran through Dos.... I bought every upgrade the moment it came out until I reached ver 5 then stopped the madness.
By that time I had 2 workstations so upgrades were costly.

I have run version 5 since it came out and it still runs on win98. I tried upgrading the operating system but the program did not respond well with win 2000 so I was stuck.

The problem was that the operating systems have change and sooner or later you have to upgrade your comp and that means old software is useless . I had my main computer that I designed in running win 98 and had many problems including no virus protection as they dont make it for win98 anymore.

I purchased Signlab 8 last year (as it was on special....$895.00) and installed it on my laptop. I fiddled with it but I really was not in the right frame of mind to learn all the new stuff and try to find the old functions.

My main comp finally started showing signs of failure and I had to make the plunge to buy a new one which meant that Signlab 5 was bye bye.
I installed version 8 into the win 7 comp and although I was hesitant, over the last 4 weeks I have slowly re learned the program and actually find some of the new features actually are better and I am comfortable with it now.
Everyday I find something new that I find actually improved over the old version. I also find things I dont like but hopefully they fix it for future versions.

I just need to iron out a few issues and I will be up to speed. The scroll mouse button for one lol

CanuckSigns

I guess you could say that about all sign software upgrades.

I had Signlab way back when it cut through my Gerber sprint with a fast card and ran through Dos.... I bought every upgrade the moment it came out until I reached ver 5 then stopped the madness.
By that time I had 2 workstations so upgrades were costly.

I have run version 5 since it came out and it still runs on win98. I tried upgrading the operating system but the program did not respond well with win 2000 so I was stuck.

The problem was that the operating systems have change and sooner or later you have to upgrade your comp and that means old software is useless . I had my main computer that I designed in running win 98 and had many problems including no virus protection as they dont make it for win98 anymore.

I purchased Signlab 8 last year (as it was on special....$895.00) and installed it on my laptop. I fiddled with it but I really was not in the right frame of mind to learn all the new stuff and try to find the old functions.

My main comp finally started showing signs of failure and I had to make the plunge to buy a new one which meant that Signlab 5 was bye bye.
I installed version 8 into the win 7 comp and although I was hesitant, over the last 4 weeks I have slowly re learned the program and actually find some of the new features actually are better and I am comfortable with it now.
Everyday I find something new that I find actually improved over the old version. I also find things I dont like but hopefully they fix it for future versions.

I just need to iron out a few issues and I will be up to speed. The scroll mouse button for one lol

We run our engravers off a program called "Vision Pro" which is a re-branded copy of engrave lab, which is very similar to signlab. we recently upgraded our computer that was running windows 95, we were always told that Vision Pro 5 wouldn't run on anything newer than Windows 95.

New computer came with XP (it was a refurb, only use it to run the 1 engraver) and we managed to get Our old copy of vision pro up and running on XP in about 2 hours, between tech support and trial and error.

Just a thought, before you shell out more money on a new program you don't really need.

chopper

I for one like signlab, but also do not want to pay for upgrades, the thing that gets me is when you are having problems with their product you are charged to have them fix it...I could understand this if I caused the issue... but what would say if someone wanted an upgrade on their sign? would that be free? would they bitch about the cost?
you know the drill....
back to the question if you hold down the shift key while using the scroll wheel you will scroll up and down, if you use the control key you will scroll side to side....a friend informed me of this he ran across it by accident...
//chopper

JR's

the wheel on my mouse lets me zoom in and zoom out. I like that.

Thanks Chopper that is cool. a new trick.

JR

Gary Wiant

Gabagoo - I'm glad you like the upgrade, I think it's a lot like your situation, people don't have a preconceived ideas about what they will get will their $ then when they actually start using the software they actually like the software. The more you use it the more features you will find.

Good Luck with Signlab
Gary

gabagoo

I for one like signlab, but also do not want to pay for upgrades, the thing that gets me is when you are having problems with their product you are charged to have them fix it...I could understand this if I caused the issue... but what would say if someone wanted an upgrade on their sign? would that be free? would they bitch about the cost?
you know the drill....
back to the question if you hold down the shift key while using the scroll wheel you will scroll up and down, if you use the control key you will scroll side to side....a friend informed me of this he ran across it by accident...
//chopper

thanks chopper