• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 11 Contour cut

Kellys Reklame

Hi everyone.
A Signlab 11 issue here :)
Some of my coworkers recently upgraded to version 11 and now, when they save a file as PDF the cut layers appear as a dashed line. I have 0 experience with Signlab and couldn't find anything in the settings. Google didn't help much either :rolleyes:.
I would be grateful if anyone here could help with this.

Broome Signs

not 100% shore what you want to do
is the program outline set to dashed lines rather than a solid line?

1: pen the original file in signal, re save as a file in a different format
2: open the PDF in illustrator and change the file that way you want it

PB

d fleming

Hi everyone.
A Signlab 11 issue here :)
Some of my coworkers recently upgraded to version 11 and now, when they save a file as PDF the cut layers appear as a dashed line. I have 0 experience with Signlab and couldn't find anything in the settings. Google didn't help much either :rolleyes:.
I would be grateful if anyone here could help with this.
That's to show you clearly where your cut line will be . As long as it doesn't print a dashed line you should be good to go.

d fleming

That's the problem. It cuts a dashed line. I suspect it's some kind of setting but don't know where to look for it.
It's supposed to. Click on it and delete it. If there is a cut layer there someone put it there. Just for giggles why are you turning a cdl into a pdf to cut?

Kellys Reklame

It's supposed to. Click on it and delete it. If there is a cut layer there someone put it there. Just for giggles why are you turning a cdl into a pdf to cut?
It is supposed to... what?
There is a cut layer because I need it :). The problem is that it comes out as a dashed line instead of a solid, continuous one. And the cutter reads it and cuts it as a dashed line and, trust me, that's a bit problematic :D when cutting text, logos, decals, banners and so on.
To your question about the file formats. We use Zund for cutting and the program that generates the files for it recognises only PDF and TIFF. Since TIFF doesn't do the job in our case, we go for PDF.

Kellys Reklame

not 100% shore what you want to do
is the program outline set to dashed lines rather than a solid line?

1: pen the original file in signal, re save as a file in a different format
2: open the PDF in illustrator and change the file that way you want it

PB
I assume it is set to a dashed line...somehow...somewhere. And that's what I need to find out - how to switch to a solid line.