• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab Settings....

3dsignco

Could some of you that run Signlab post your Color management Settings.

All of a sudden my prints seem bleached out. I go to print black and it is more of a Brownish Black so i went and try to create a rich black with cmyk settings didn't help. And now when I bring in a PSD and print my colors are all over the place. Importing them and Linking them and I really don't want to have to use the link command as it won't link .PSD files.

Something got change and for the life of me I can't figure out how and when.

I did a .PSD print test from the Flexi software and the pinter seems Ok so now I have deducted its something in Signlab.

The only thing left that I can think of is that my icc's got corrupted some how. But I would like to see what other's settings are before I go and start messing with all that.

Signlab 7.1 Version 10
Mutoh VJ

Neil

Hi Bill,
I've had this happen to me where my blacks would come out brownish. Luckily I spotted where the problem arose from - this may be the same for you.

When you install Signlab if you look in the color management box it will have a check by the box "Use input profiles when in Print & Cut"
It needs to be unchecked.

Here's how mine looks (V8 slightly different)

SLColormanagement1.jpg

Note you need to name and save any changes for them to take effect.

You can see I have Adobe1998 and USWebCoated as my on screen profiles - but I don't want to use a CMYK profile in print & cut so therefore we need to uncheck the "Use input profiles when in Print & Cut"
box as stated above.

What this means is I'll use Adobe1998 and USWeb SWOP as my default on screen profiles, however in the rip I don't want to assign a profile to my CMYK vectors.
This way I can print pure CMYK colors - ie 100%K or 100%Y as intended.

So, if that box is left checked it will use my on screen profile in the rip- and cause my pure vector colors to be printed with it. This means black will be printed with a mix of colors, yellow will speckled with black etc.
All colors will be mapped to the on screen profiles instead of the printmodes input icc's.

FWIW, here's my printmode setup

SLColormanagement2.jpg

You can see I've also specified Adobe1998RGB here as my input profiles for RGB lineart and bitmaps.
However, I've unchecked both CMYK input profiles.
I don't want any profile messing with my CMYK vector colors, and Signlab doesn't use CMYK bitmaps (unless linked) so that one isn't necessary.

I have specified my own output profile which was made from within Signlab and Eye One Match.

It may seem confusing but it's worth familiarising yourself with these settings. This setup rocks for me - I get perfect color output and true WYSIWYG.

Neil

I should mention that it's not imperitive that you change all your input profiles as I have done - the default Calink one's should be close enough.
The main points are to uncheck that box that says "Use input profiles when in Print & Cut" if it is checked and
uncheck the CMYK profiles in the rip.