• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab to CS2 for contourcut ?

normana61

hi all,

i have a vector design created in Signlab and would like to send it to CS2 for an outline contour cut.

what extension would i export (or save it) as ?

thanks,
norman

normana61

about print cut ?

I have versaworks installed and can conture cut from Illustrator CS2 by creating a outline path.

just need to know which extension to "save" the drawing as to open in Illustrator.

i do not have the "print/cut" from signlab, so i have to use illustrator for the "cutconture" feature.

thanks for your help,
norman

geb

Have you tried to export as .ai file ext? Then import into CS.

You may have to "convert to curves" in e6 before you export.

George

signage

export as either .ai,.eps,or you could export as an image .tff, .jpg or.bmp. Or you could try to copy to clipboard and paste in CS. But if there is any text convert to curves first no matter which way you try.

JERHEMI

You can copy in Signlab and paste in Illustrator then just save everything in Illustrator. Or, you can export from Signlab as an "ai" file then it should open up in Illustrator. I use the "Finecut" plugin for Illustrator to cut so for instance I import a Signlab file into Illustrator and add some gradients and such then I'll go to my Finecut menu and set-up registration marks and cut paths then I'll print, then once it prints I transfer the print over to the plotter then go to the actual cut menu in Finecut and cut whatever needs to be cut.

Rod

In SignLab e6, use Cut >> Plot for cutting

normana61 said:
  • i have a vector design created in Signlab and would like to send it to CS2 for an outline contour cut.
  • what extension would i export (or save it) as ?
  • i have e6, but not "print & cut" .
  • i do not have the "print/cut" from signlab, so i have to use illustrator for the "cutconture" feature.

Hi Norman,

• As signage says, you want to export using either .ai (Adobe Illustrator) or .eps (Encapsulated PostScript) in order to retain the line art (i.e., the cutting lines).
    [*]Are you printing the job and then contour cutting, or are you just doing contour cut jobs?
    [*]In SignLab e6, is it not feasible for you to go Cut menu >> Plot to send your cut jobs?
    [*]What are you doing for registration mark alignment?

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

Ursta Graphics

I run E6, but i use illustrator8 to convert images to .jpeg ... since signlab does not support .jpeg exports. All that i have to do is copy and paste right from signlab and everything drops in perfectly?? Maybe cs wont let you do this?

Rod

Use File >> Export Image to create JPEG

Ursta Graphics said:
since signlab does not support .jpeg exports

1. You should be able to go File >> Export Image.
  2. The Export Image - Render to Bitmap dialog will query for the type and resolution of the image.
  3. Then in the Export Bitmap dialog, set the file type to JPEG.
Does that help?

Rod at CADlink