• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignVox for a brand new shop?

Desert_Signs

Not sure if this is the right forum (Fred help me out if it isn't!).

I'm opening a new shop. The price point for signvox is low enough, that I feel I'd like to start with it out of the gate. Does that make sense or should I just go on paper for now?

Some of what really draws me to it is the ability to work on it anywhere. My graphic designer will be off site for the time being and it seems like the online proofing, etc, would make this easy. I'm also thinking that starting with it would be easier than trying to transition later.

Thoughts?

Saw Trax

My mindset would be to set up all the processes and workflow you can now so everything is in place once things really start rolling. Good luck on your new venture!

-Larry

artbot

if it fits your model yes. a start up needs all the "professionalism" it can get to get credibility. it might pay for itself as well when new clients are judging your new business.

i particularly like the calendar aspect of it. my startup a few years back, didn't go with signvox and we had to jump through hoops to do the same without. now that i'm independent again, i
now use corel to drag text around to represent my project schedule. i can also email this jpg to clients so that they can get a good look at where they land on that schedule. i may go with
signvox as orders pick up.

Attachments

• ALLDREDGE PRODUCTION 2_18.jpg
    ALLDREDGE PRODUCTION 2_18.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 69

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
This is a good question. I think it depends a bit on how fast you want to grow. Signvox (Or any really good management software system) will help (make) you grow faster, but is that what you want?

Paper systems don't get enough credit. Frankly, if a paper system doesn't work for you first (albeit inefficiently), software will never work.

If I was starting a sign shop all over again, I would start with Signvox, Cyrious, or Corebridge right out of the gate. (Likely Signvox due to is lower cost and the fact that they stay very active on this forum)

Hicalibersigns

I would absolutely start with SignVox. We have Cyrious and it has some serious flaws. Many of which Cyrious is aware of, but don't seem motivated to address. I am trying to talk my partner into switching over to SignVox. One very serious advantage to SignVox, especially as you grow is that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere by any of your employees (that you grant access to). This means that anyone can access the WIP from anywhere, or a customers purchase history, etc. That is valuable stuff.

Desert_Signs

I would absolutely start with SignVox. We have Cyrious and it has some serious flaws. Many of which Cyrious is aware of, but don't seem motivated to address. I am trying to talk my partner into switching over to SignVox. One very serious advantage to SignVox, especially as you grow is that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere by any of your employees (that you grant access to). This means that anyone can access the WIP from anywhere, or a customers purchase history, etc. That is valuable stuff.

The cloud based system is what I really like. My primary sales person does a lot of outside sales. It would be great for her to be able to take her iPad and quote and sell the job right there, without having to come back to the shop to enter everything and then send a quote.

I'm also considering running the sales counter with iPads, rather than computers.

fresh

Go with SignVox right away. It makes pricing jobs so much easier and more efficient than any other method.

Desert_Signs

Well, I'm using it right now!

Like it so far.

Only thing I wish it had? Ability to update prices. It seems like once you create a quote, the only way to update the price is to recreate every line item. I can understand why you wouldn't want a blanket update of quotes (specifically those already sent) but it would be nice if you had un-sent quotes, you could just click a button and "Update Price" only on the line item you select.

Kevin-shopVOX

Well, I'm using it right now!

Like it so far.

Only thing I wish it had? Ability to update prices. It seems like once you create a quote, the only way to update the price is to recreate every line item. I can understand why you wouldn't want a blanket update of quotes (specifically those already sent) but it would be nice if you had un-sent quotes, you could just click a button and "Update Price" only on the line item you select.

You are able to update the price with a manual override by clicking the line item link and overriding the sell price at any time.

It won't auto-update transactions created prior to bulk price updates or manual changes of the database to avoid any confusion/errors between store, reps and customers. You do have to either recreate or delete materials/labors etc then reselect for that line item.

I do like your idea of being able to flag pending quotes with a "use the current" price structure. Maybe we can come up with an alert on the quote that recognizes changes to prices in items you've selected and give you a way to do so and use the most accurate pricing of that item. Send that and other ideas to support@signvox.com when you get them. That is how that stuff gets added.

Thanks for giving us a go!

Desert_Signs

You are able to update the price with a manual override by clicking the line item link and overriding the sell price at any time.

It won't auto-update transactions created prior to bulk price updates or manual changes of the database to avoid any confusion/errors between store, reps and customers. You do have to either recreate or delete materials/labors etc then reselect for that line item.

I do like your idea of being able to flag pending quotes with a "use the current" price structure. Maybe we can come up with an alert on the quote that recognizes changes to prices in items you've selected and give you a way to do so and use the most accurate pricing of that item. Send that and other ideas to support@signvox.com when you get them. That is how that stuff gets added.

Thanks for giving us a go!

Thanks Kevin!

Can I schedule some time with you next week for a tutorial or something? I have a lot to learn....

Kevin-shopVOX

Thanks Kevin!

Can I schedule some time with you next week for a tutorial or something? I have a lot to learn....

Yes. We send out invites for training for all new accounts. If you've just signed up and haven't gotten it yet, as an FYI, we typically wait a couple of days to have you poke around first.

Billct2

If I was starting out fresh I would definately go with one of the programs. Better to build it from the begiining rather than have to switch later.

jtinker

Owner
Yeah, I would definitely go for it. It will save you a ton of headache and time, and I would build your workflow around it rather than building a workflow and trying to bring it into a paper environment.