• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sihl Dursol

stickygraphics12

Does anyone use this material? I have a Roland sp540v and it gets smears in the print bc it warps going thru the printer! It is reverse wound and it has been a disaster for me to get 1 to print correctly! I have the print head settings already on high, I even cut a piece to size and tried to run it through. Nothing seems to work?! I'm all out of ideas and if anyone has any that would be great......

Adam Bennett

turn your heaters up HIGH and feed enough material through before your print so that gravity holds down the leading edge (or tape it down to a take up reel)

B Snyder

Even if the material is installed absolutely perfectly if you turn up the heaters higher than necessary the media will warp and buckle.

stickygraphics12

I think it's more of the reverse wind because the material naturally curls up going thru the printer and it needs to curl the opposite direction when it is done printing......

LVShowman

Sihl DuraSOL

I print DuraSOL all the time and I have never bought a roll that was reverse wound, so that may be one of your problems. You print on the textured side not the smooth side. Also, it is very sensitive to heat. Do not turn your heaters up. It will guarantee wrinkles, head strikes and feed problems as the material gets soft when heated. I have my pre-heat and print heaters on, but set to 90 degrees. My dryer is set to 130, but you have to be careful. This does create a problem with drying. It takes at least a day to dry. If you are using a take up reel, you need to slow down the print speed and have external fans blowing on the print to prevent it from sticking to itself. This also cools off the material helping with the curling. If you roll it up while hot it will want to stay curled. As the ink has melted into the DuraSOL is is easily scratched until cured. Good Luck.

ProColorGraphics

I agree with LCShowman. I have used both the 12mil and the 18mil material and have had excellent luck with it. Never seen a roll that is reverse would either. It does scratch easy until it is fully cured and takes at least a day for it to cure.

AllSquare Jason

The only SIHL media I know to be reverse wound is thier Surebet Solvent Banner line.

Above guys are on the money - Textured side is the print side. Chuck Squires from Sihl helped us with profile/settings right after it was released. Good stuff.