• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sliding pegboard addition

OldPaint

finished a small project today in the shop. my L-shaped shop workbench is also where my 200 amp electrical breaker box resides. its dead space that i figured out how to use. got a 24" cabinet drawer ball bearing track, mounted it to steel grit above electric box. built a 22" x 43" peg board with 1"x1" wood frame. attached drawer side of track to this. put a 3/4" x 3/4" wood tracking guide to workbench so pegboard stays in the track. now i gota figure out what iam gona put on it)))))

Attachments

• pottery 053.jpg
    pottery 053.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 162
  • pottery 055.jpg
    pottery 055.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 100
  • pottery 057.jpg
    pottery 057.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 107

OldPaint

124L..... 1 shot!!!!!!!!!
i really hate workbenchs that when you drop a screw/bolt/nut/washer or some small dark part, it blends in with the workbench. with an ORANGE bench, the only thing you wont find with ease......is an ORANGE PART))))))

Dentafrice

Looks great, but I'd keep it slid over when the inspector comes... def against electrical code as that doesn't provide working space in front of the panel with it closed.

OldPaint

Looks great, but I'd keep it slid over when the inspector comes... def against electrical code as that doesn't provide working space in front of the panel with it closed.
now thats news to me. as long as electrical box integrity has not been compromised...... which is the case here, ive seen these same boxes in metal buildings enclosed and hidden,behind panels, but with total access, not be a problem with inspectors.

Dentafrice

I've not read up on the NEC in a few years, but I could have swore all disconnects and panels needed to have a certain amount of working space in front of them..

OldPaint

this still has the "working space" available to access the box. its no different then putting an access DOOR over it if you wanted to hide the box.
added this little 23" x 31" swinging door like pegboard panel over some existing shelves i had to the right of the workbench.

Attachments

• pottery 060.jpg
    pottery 060.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 109
  • pottery 059.jpg
    pottery 059.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 109

OldPaint

those MILK CRATES.........are all obtained ILLEGALLY!!!! i have to admit they where acquired with stealth and aglility, by the darkness of nite))))))) no kidding. i knew i wanted about a dozen of the "real milk crates", so i drove to a dairy company locally. was on the loading dock with 100's of those crates and i asked the guy there if i could BUY about 12 of em. you ready??
HE TELLS ME.......... they arent allowed to sell em!!!!!!!! so i ask how do all the poeple who have them, GET THEM??? he said if i wanted some i had to go steal em!!!!!!!!!
iam still lookin over my shoulder wonderin when they are coming to get me)))))))

phototec

You are in violation of the National Electrial Code

def against electrical code as that doesn't provide working space in front of the panel with it closed.

OP, you are defently in violation of the National Electrial Code (NEC).

The National Electric Code requires min. 3'0"

there are several rules defined in section 110.26 of the NEC; for 600 volts or less it is:

• left to right the minimum clearance is 30" or the width of the equipment, whichever is larger
  • in height, there should be 6' 6'' minimum height to stand in front of the equipment
  • the depth in front of the equipment varies depending on the voltage and surfaces of the opposite wall behind you: if the voltage is 150 volts to ground or less the depth of clearance is 30": as stated above; if the voltage is higher it depends of whether the opposite wall is insulated or not: if insulated the depth is 3' 6", if not insulated (such as cement block) the depth is 48"
I refer to these rules as the "refrigerator rule": the clearance in front of the panel in question requires a dedicated clear space roughly the size of a large refrigerator.​

Your orange work counter is a violation of the NEC, you can't have any structure in front of the panel, for servicing, you need to stand directly in front of it, not bending over the work counter.

I'm not trying to argue or debate with you, only siting the NEC, because I'm very familiar with the regulations regarding the area in front of the load center panel and have been dinged by inspectors in the past.

You can't have anything blocking access to the panel!

:omg2:

Attachments

• blc2_6_4.gif
    blc2_6_4.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 101
  • load_f14.gif
    load_f14.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 134

OldPaint

there is a sticker inside the panel...............PASSED ELECTRICAL INSPECTION! i was instructed by the ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR as how to mount, where it was mounted, clearances and i had to have 1 GFI plug-in receptacle and 1 light wired with a switch to pass inspection. it did that. same inspector told me whatever i want to wire after that was none of his concern. also this is NOT a COMMERCIAL building. it is on RESIDENTIAL status. so fire inspector never come here. as for the workbench being in the way, it was there when it PASSED INSPECTION. you can still stand directly in front of it the workbench is only 16" wide. this is not the 1st electrical install i have done. i worked as a draftsman and did many metal buildings. some like i said, the panels was covered by a door, so the interior wall looked finishd.

digitalwoodshop

those MILK CRATES.........are all obtained ILLEGALLY!!!! i have to admit they where acquired with stealth and aglility, by the darkness of nite))))))) no kidding. i knew i wanted about a dozen of the "real milk crates", so i drove to a dairy company locally. was on the loading dock with 100's of those crates and i asked the guy there if i could BUY about 12 of em. you ready??
HE TELLS ME.......... they arent allowed to sell em!!!!!!!! so i ask how do all the poeple who have them, GET THEM??? he said if i wanted some i had to go steal em!!!!!!!!!
iam still lookin over my shoulder wonderin when they are coming to get me)))))))

I was watching Cops and the Cop pulled over a guy in a pickup truck.... When he asked WHY...? The Cop said the Milk Crates in Full View in the back of the truck.... Gives me a reason to pull you over..... License and Insurance Please....

OldPaint

i got mine hidden under my workbench in the shop))))))))) when i was "midnight appropriating" those milk crates, i only would take 2-3 at a time. in honesty i went around to 7/11 type stores, and asked if i could have a couple from the late shift person..........FROM 6 - 8 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice set up you have there OP.
What do you keep in the "pink" drawer? Spare Speedos'?

wayne k
guam usa

OldPaint

Nice set up you have there OP.
What do you keep in the "pink" drawer? Spare Speedos'?

wayne k
guam usa
as with most stuff i have ........there is a story to go with that set of metal drawers. ian not crazy bout the colors of the drawer faces, in fact it has 2-3 optional panels in BOLD colors rather then the pastels that are on it.
was a "sidewalk sale" on day at LOWES. they had all the mismatch, returns, slight damaged inventory outside and said ANY REASONABLE OFFER for most items. wellllllllll the original price tag on the drawer cabinet was $185.00. they had it marked at $90. i walked up to the guy who was in charge and i said...
"i'll give $50 buck for that pastel drawered cabinet..........HE WROTE ON A PICE OF PAPER......said take it to a cash register!!!!! $50!!!!!! sometime ill change the panel to the bold colors.