• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Label Vinyl for General Products

Goatshaver

I've been doing lots of stickers and labels. I'm on a limited budget and have been using the same material for both but would like to switch it up and use one vinyl for stickers and another for labels.

What do you guys use for product labels and do you laminate them?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That 201 is a good all-around material. The 90# Layflat liner helps keep stickers flat when sitting horizontally.

Do you want a thicker material to make it easier for the customer to apply? When you say "Sticker" you mean something like a bumper sticker or a laptop decal right?

netsol

I am not trying to hijack your thread, but I need an inexpensive paper stock to do printable labels (non standard sizes and perhaps shapes)

I just bought a Roland sticka on eBay, so I can keep on my desk at an important client

Can't use vinyl, needs to be printable on laser or small desktop inkjet during production

8" roll stock would be perfect. Any suggestions?

jman

Been using General Forulations Concept 203 (gloss version of 201) for years. It is a printable film so you can use it for wide format printing or standard cut vinyl.

For a laminate I use oracal 210. Together they make a 5.5 mil thick sticker. Works great here for short run stickers in house.

Oracal makes a film that's inexpensive but a tad thicker out the box called 3164. Its 4 mils thick by itself vs the GF 201 that is 3.4 mils. The 203 for some reason being gloss is thinner at 3 mils though.

Last edited:

Goatshaver

I am not trying to hijack your thread, but I need an inexpensive paper stock to do printable labels (non standard sizes and perhaps shapes)

I just bought a Roland sticka on eBay, so I can keep on my desk at an important client

Can't use vinyl, needs to be printable on laser or small desktop inkjet during production

8" roll stock would be perfect. Any suggestions?

I don't know if there's a thing as 8" roll. You can get 20" roll from the Roland store of what you're looking for.

Goatshaver

That 201 is a good all-around material. The 90# Layflat liner helps keep stickers flat when sitting horizontally.

Do you want a thicker material to make it easier for the customer to apply? When you say "Sticker" you mean something like a bumper sticker or a laptop decal right?

Yeah I would like something a bit thicker I can use for a bit thicker sticker and also labels without laminate that are fairly easy to apply.

Been using General Forulations Concept 203 (gloss version of 201) for years. It is a printable film so you can use it for wide format printing or standard cut vinyl.

For a laminate I use oracal 210. Together they make a 5.5 mil thick sticker. Works great here for short run stickers in house.

Oracal makes a film that's inexpensive but a tad thicker out the box called 3164. Its 4 mils thick by itself vs the GF 201 that is 3.4 mils. The 203 for some reason being gloss is thinner at 3 mils though.

Do you always mix your laminates? I noticed on my stuff I used with the GF 101 shrinks up quite a bit.

AGCharlotte

when I was looking at getting an Afinia label printer, I could get 8" rolls from the dealer selling it. My local dealer was Vivid Data, but I'm sure whoever the local Afinia dealer for you could also source them (or maybe through Afinia direct).

jman

Yeah I would like something a bit thicker I can use for a bit thicker sticker and also labels without laminate that are fairly easy to apply.

Do you always mix your laminates? I noticed on my stuff I used with the GF 101 shrinks up quite a bit.

Yep that's why I'm using the 210. Doesn't shrink as much at all. Idc what anyone says, sometimes you gotta do what works instead of following the rules with keeping brands together.

netsol

8" is not a deal breaker. i can pick up a larger 15" roland sticka. (not for the same price)
it woulfd be convenient to keep one onsite, to cut labels on demand

thanks for your help

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
We use the gf 203 paired with oracal lam as well. We used to use the gf lam but for $10 more a roll or whatever it is the oracal shrinks less, has better gloss and the matte is easier to apply smoothly. We use gf 6mil film unlaminated for a cheaper decal option and it seems to hold up for years even unlaminated on cars. We're printing via solvent.