• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Printers....

Red-Eye

What would you recommend for a small printer?

I have no need for anything larger then a 30" Roland Versacamm.

But I was wondering what other options are out there for something that size.

And what about a separate printer and cutter option?

I only do Decals.

And I say separate cutter/printer because I do alot of heat seal vinyl too, so I'd want the two machines to I can continue easier with the tshirt vinyl while i'm pritning decals.

Thanks.

Custom_Grafx

Second hand sp300v and a gx300 cutter.

If you can afford/fit it, sp540v and gx500.

I'm sure there are mimaki equivalents.

longlivemedia

I recommend the sp540v that Grafx mentioned. It tends to be a bit more pricey, but the results are worth it in my opinion.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland 30" versacamm!!!!!

What would you recommend for a small printer?

I have no need for anything larger then a 30" Roland Versacamm.

But I was wondering what other options are out there for something that size.

And what about a separate printer and cutter option?

I only do Decals.

And I say separate cutter/printer because I do alot of heat seal vinyl too, so I'd want the two machines to I can continue easier with the tshirt vinyl while i'm pritning decals.

Thanks.

Red-Eye, I encourage you to contact Bob Martz-owner, Chesapeake Graphics, http://www.chesapeakegraphics.com/Westminster, MD/ 800.469.3303/410.871.1770/FAX: 410.871.1772 :thumb:

briankb

Premium Subscriber
How does the material and consumable costs of Gerber stack (Edge + Plotter) vs a more traditional Eco-Solvent stack (Roland,Mimaki,ect...)?

I also looked at the Gerber and Summa thermo printers. The 30" Summa looks really nice but the the consumables cost is much higher and resolution is lower than inkjet.

I saw the new Roland BN-20 at ISA and it looks nice but for a little more you can get the 30" SP.

jfiscus

Rap Master
How does the material and consumable costs of Gerber stack (Edge + Plotter) vs a more traditional Eco-Solvent stack (Roland,Mimaki,ect...)?

I also looked at the Gerber and Summa thermo printers. The 30" Summa looks really nice but the the consumables cost is much higher and resolution is lower than inkjet.

I saw the new Roland BN-20 at ISA and it looks nice but for a little more you can get the 30" SP.

The materials are basically the same as far as vinyls go; for each linear ft you add around $1 per color imprint. So, it's significantly higher than our solvent Epson for full-color prints; but single color prints it's close enough costs-wise. The real benefit is that you can print a 100% solid fill of a specific color (or gradient) onto the material (or specialty material) and the accuracy of the associated cuts is awesome - Especially for small decals and transfers.