• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

small slit in roller

I am looking at buying a used 54" laminator, and the top roller has a small slit maybe 1mm deep and 12 long from an exact blade. Will this be a huge issue? Or is it something I can patch or not worry about? I primarily laminate car wrap material.

crny1

Personally I would never use a laminator that has a slit in the roller.....especially the top roller. I am almost 100% positive it will leave a line in the print/lamination and this would show in car wraps or any for that matter.

brentjosker

Think of a cut in the rubber on a laminator roller like a rubber band ball. Once it gets a slice in it the slice will continue to open up eventually peeling back. When they manufacture the rollers it is under pressure. If you didn't pay much for it it may be worth fixing I would call the manufacturer find out how much the roller would be I'll keep in mind you can find other used ones with no cuts for around $2,500 and brand new ones are around 4500

dypinc

You can also have the roller recoated, I had to have one of mine recoated after what a I believe to be a heating core failure that lead to the destroying the adhesive separating the rubber from the roller.

This is the company I used and it shouldn't cost you more than around $1,200.00, maybe less for a 54" roller. Welcome to A-Korn Roller, Inc.