• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

smart car

WOODBS

Does anyone have tips on how to remove the rear gate on a smart car? Looks like 2 bolts..just checkin? Also what are most ofyou doing where the tag is , we just spliced down the center, but gotta be somethinh better...

Attachments

• smart 1.jpg
    smart 1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 81
  • smart 2.jpg
    smart 2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 83

ProWraps

those tail gates suck. just keep in mind that entire car is meant to have all panels replaced except for the "backbone" down the sides so that you can change the color of them easily (hence the hood coming off with that lame strap holding it on).

i dont know how to remove the tail gate, i just wrap them on the vehicle and use heat to get it to work.

i hate those stupid cars. worthless death trap plastic bottles.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Diamond plate on a plastic car?%!
I'd have gone with woodgrain myself...

wayne k
guam usa

Firefox

I have one of those little POS cars. They are the perfect car to hang signs on as they grab attention everywhere they go. That aside the body panels are as you know, plastic... very soft and scratch very easily.

I had static cling graphics on mine for just under a year and the sides that got the most daily sun developed small dark spots under the cling. The dark spots mostly cleaned/polished off but several were deep into the plastic. My yellow plastic panels are solid yellow, no paint. Some of the spots were under the printed image and some under the clear.

I'm not going to be much help getting the panel off, I didn't take mine off as my graphics were small not a wrap also my car is the Cabriolet so the tail gate is different anyway. Mine does have a screw on each side and 4 across the top inside the inner rear panel that look like they could hold the outer color panel on. This car has storage inside the inner panel for the Cab rails... like I said it is different. Good luck.

CheapVehicleWrap

ProWraps, not only do all the panels come off but they can all be replaced in a ridiculously short amount of time (1 hour if I remember correctly) and the 1st set of replacement panels is dirty cheap (like $1200). The car also has an awesome safety rating (4 out of 5?). Sorry figures aren't exact but they're close enough.

grafixemporium

Took the fam on a cruise to Mexico for a little much needed and much deserved R&R. Since I got back it's been game on. We're slammed! Cranking them out... no time for fun and games on S101.

What's up with you?