• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So I've been thinking...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
John B. inspired an idea on a previous thread that prompts a new question. Maybe you've thought about it...or perhaps not. But assuming you request a traditional (or green) burial, how would you design your headstone?

To be honest, I haven't seen any real "head turners" in the cemetery these days. Cookie cutter look alikes abound in most cemeteries...churned out as a commodity, in the most economical manner possible.

Being the artistic bunch we are, what would you do? Does anybody have cut files tucked away with your wills? So, who dares to post anything?

JB

Billct2

I'd like something like this, actually I'd like to be planted right there

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 129

HulkSmash

John B. inspired an idea on a previous thread that prompts a new question. Maybe you've thought about it...or perhaps not. But assuming you request a traditional (or green) burial, how would you design your headstone?

To be honest, I haven't seen any real "head turners" in the cemetery these days. Cookie cutter look alikes abound in most cemeteries...churned out as a commodity, in the most economical manner possible.

Being the artistic bunch we are, what would you do? Does anybody have cut files tucked away with your wills? So, who dares to post anything?

JB

You post about death way too much.

skyhigh

I want a big mausoleum with furniture & color TV for visitors...... & regular maid service (I hate being dusty)

Jillbeans

I'm being cremated but buried at the base of my parent's grave(s).
I've always wanted a UK-type memento mori style stone, with a skull and an hourglass on it, and I know what I want engraved on it.
I'm sure my mother will be p!ssed off at me into eternity for having the temerity to put something like that right at her feet. :)
I would love to design a file for it, you know, so everything was just so.
Love....Jill

skyhigh

Sorry, this is all we could afford.

I'm sorry that's all you can afford.

Its all good anyways......
Seriously, I want buried at sea. My ideal place would be in the North Atlantic where they catch King Crab. Only fair for them to feast on me, as I have feasted on so many of them.

After I'm gone, you can think of me every time you visit RedLobster. When you look in the crab or lobster tank, take a good look........pick the one that appears to have a foolish smirk on his face.....&

"eat me"

Start with the lobster tail. :ROFLMAO:

OldPaint

ME....... i want to go like LEE HAYES wrote it!!!!
LEE HAYES, was a contemporary of woody guither, pete segar.
here are the word to his song about dying.
IN DEAD EARNEST

If I should die before I wake,
All my bone and sinew take
Put me in the compost pile
To decompose me for a while.

Worms, water, sun will have their way,
Returning me to common clay
All that I am will feed the trees
And little fishes in the seas.

When radishes and corn you munch,
You may be having me for lunch
And then excrete me with a grin,
Chortling, "There goes Lee again."

'Twill be my happiest destiny
To die and live eternally.

Words by Lee Hays (1979) Music by Pete Seeger (1979)
(c) 1981, 1982 by Sanga Music Inc.
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/0,,96946-1170831,00.html

skyhigh

James, being you brought up the subject, I'd think you have something in mind for your own???

How about you be the first to show up your design.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ha.... I'm doing a layout for a series of funeral homes and crematorium signs as we speak. Over the years, we've done a lota work for these kinds of customers and they always snark, that some day I'll need their services, but I really don't want to use them, but will probably have to use their lowest end of cremation. Heck, a pizza oven would be more appropriate in my case. I just love pepperoni pizza. Put me through and order extra crispy edges..... well done. :rolleyes:

No headstone, no services, no nothing.......... just put me in a cardboard box and if someone feels like it, throw my ashes out in the water around Cape May, NJ where I spent probably the best days of my life as a little youth. My fondest memories are still there, so why not my ashes. If no one spreads them, at least I won't be dug up in 100 or so years and lost. I'll just be out back of the garage all rotted away.

FatCat

I've always wanted to go via a Viking Funeral. Load me in my fishing boat, push me out on my favorite fishing lake, light that sucker and watch it burn...:thumb: