• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So what do you think of this Sign A Rama attempt?

jkdbjj

I actually plugged my vehicle info into it, and did a layout. It was so bad, I just couldn't quite comprehend how it could possibly turn into printable files. Not to mention the sizing issues.

To be honest, I REALLY hope this is not what the Franchise is selling to the franchisees as an upgrade to their websites. If so, it is an addition to the growing list of dislikes for bad franchise companies. Even though, Sign A Rama is the biggest out there.

visual800

plugged the dually in and it pulled up an extended cab 3/4 ton with no dual wheels. Yeah this is really horrible here. Just wait until some of "those customers" get a hold of this we just thought the era of bad decals were over with

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i'm sure they are laughing all the way to the bank....

no designer to pay

no customer to deal with

prepaid

get the order, print, ship.

i'm sure they are doing just fine, there are probably more customers that will pay for this cheap crap than a good layout.....

WildWestDesigns

plugged the dually in and it pulled up an extended cab 3/4 ton with no dual wheels. Yeah this is really horrible here. Just wait until some of "those customers" get a hold of this we just thought the era of bad decals were over with

I got the same results with my DRW as well.

DizzyMarkus

Thats funny, that backend Dbase is the same one that it used in every autoparts online site you can use. New or used---

Markus-

Kevin-shopVOX

no designer to pay

no customer to deal with

prepaid

i'm sure they are doing just fine, there are probably more customers that will pay for this cheap crap than a good layout.....

You hit the nail on the head. The reason it is there is to make sure they capture the market that wants to order online..give them that option because if you dont' they will order online from someone else. It is simply another way to make a buck and when you take away the design time, interacting with the customer & chasing down the money that buck is a lot more profitable.

visual800

No designer to pay

no customer to deal with

prepaid

I'm sure they are doing just fine, there are probably more customers that will pay for this cheap crap than a good layout.....

no doubt!

tsgstl

looks like a free super fast way for me to sceencap a wireframe of any vehicle I want in a pinch.

I work with a local signshop trading services whatnot and he was a former Sign-a-rama franchise about 6 years ago. He is contemplating switching back over because of their online sign designing options. It is a very powerful tool not only the car wrap version but the regular sign designing tools as well.

cdiesel

I wouldn't switch to SAR just for this tool! Any online design tool can be used, you just have to use the vehicle templates and build the database. Definitely not worth giving up royalties and franchise fees for that option alone.

SD&F

I think they will make a load of $$, but I doubt repeat business. There is always someone out there that thinks they can do it better themselves.

juan45215

no designer to pay

no customer to deal with

prepaid

Not only that, but you sell them the vinyl, they screw it up. Then you sell them more vinyl plus installation. I smell $$$$$