• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So What software?

Samm

Illustrator...photoshop...Flexi...CorelDraw...more!??

I've used Flexi most of my working life. Dabble with CorelDraw and Jasc Paint Shop Pro (now a corel product)

If I go printing, what's a good combo to use?

Any opinons appreciated!

Ken

Hi Sam.
With my versacamm I get by quite well using Corel X3 for the most part.
But I do use photoshop for photo manipulation, plus there are lots of plug-ins available for photoshop for those off-the-wall effects.
People will send you Illustrator files, they can usually be read by Corel..not always. I don't use Flexi at all, so I cant comment on that.
Cheers!
Ken

Samm

I am so used to using PSP that it might be ok...I have gazillions of plug-ins etc...just haven't seen anyone else talk of using it.

I might eventually try using Corel together with PSP and see how it goes. Only have v8 but that should be enough to get started...

Gawd this is all confusing.

chopper

if you like flexi, it would be a easy transition to use there print and cut software, and you can always use an oem rip, or the flexi rip, I use sign lab and I fid it easy to use, I rarely need to use photoshop, or other programs, my signlab can do almost everything that I would need to use the other programs for, and I just sold my copy of flexi, dam near gave it away!!//chopper