• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soaking Heads Question??????

Gordy Saunders

Does anyone know if when you soak the heads on a Mutoh Outdoor Jr. if the inks can weap up the other color lines and contaminate the other colors or even the cartridge?

I removed my yellow cartridge and with a syringe removed some of the ink from it. It is a dirty yellow. Should it be a bright clean yellow or should it look dingy?

I'm wondering if I might have recieve a defective yellow from the get go.
Can anyone shed a little light on these questions.

I have another Y cartridge I can install but I'm not sure that I should.

MacDaddy

I very much doubt they came contamiated, actually, I can absolutely say it did not come contaminated... I have seen mis-marked cartridges but never contaminated cartridges... Are the pads on the caps swelled up? I suspect that is where you need to direct your attention....

Last edited:

MacDaddy

Absolutely if the capping pads are swelled up above the rubber seal around them... If you have cross-contamination, put the head in the "low" position and press and hold the "Cleaning" button for 2 seconds or until the cleaning process begins... Do this 2 times, then do a Nozzle Check... This should clear it up but if it continues to happen then I would at the very least replace the capping assembly... If it where me, I would replace the Maintenance Station depending on how old it is and how much you actually use the printer... These machines tend to be more reliable when they are used all the time... The worst thing you can do to an FO Printer is to not use it everyday...

MacDaddy

You Welcome my friend...... Perform some cleanings to get the Nozzles back and all will be Okie dokie..... Remember to you usr your Propane BBQs this weekend along with all the Propane Accessories....... Enjoy The Day.................

Jackpine

By soaking the heads you can wick a color into another damper. You can also cross contaminate when doing cleanings if one cartridge is very low and the others are not. This has happened to mine once. To clean a damper you can print a color box of that color. Or with a syringe, slowly draw ink from the contaminated damper or remove the damper and "push" very slowly cleaning solvent to clean or replace the damper. I have never had an ink cartridge contaminated as you described.
Do use your printer everyday as MacDaddy stated. At the least, do nozzle checks or make a test print file and print it.