• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SoftRIP 6.5 scaling problem

axis

OK, I just picked up a copy of Wasatch SoftRIP 6.5. Got a good deal on it and figured that if I liked it, I'd upgrade it this summer. I get it installed, RIP a few files and send them to the printer (Muton Falcon Outdoor). it prints nice and fast, nice ink laydown, but the scaling is out of whack. The Y-axis (direction of material travel) is compressed to 50% of original size. SoftRIP's scaling correction only allows for 140% correction , so I can't fix it that way. I tried printing a square that was saved in different formats but the results were the same. I have Onyx and Flexi Pro installed in the same machine and have no similar issues. I emailed Wasatch but, of course, they want me to upgrade and buy a service contract. I completely understand that they don't want to give anything away but, if I can't get this version to work, why would I buy another one?

Anyway, any ideas? Did I have a brain f*rt and totally miss toggling something or is this one of the mysteries of the universe?

FYI, the files were created in both Freehand MX and Ill CS4, exported as jpg, tiff, ai and eps. Same results.

this happen to me before, i just re install the whole program or try to install it to a new computer to diagnose the problem

I have a vague recollection that Wasatch does not have a driver for the Falcon Outdoor printer. The proper choices for the printer are either a Rockhopper or a Falcon Outdoor in the event that I am wrong on this.