• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software question

Robyn S

Hello all. I am new to this forum and have tons of questions!
My first on is, I bought a Copam 2500 for sign stenciling. I make primitive signs and figured instead of buying stencils why not make them. Well, I can't find the proper software for the mylar stencils.
The software that came with the plotter is Sure cuts alot. It works great with our vinyl products but not with the mylar.
Anyone have any recommendations on what software would work?
Thank u~

CarNate69

Flexisign has your machine listed as available to be installed, so maybe look for an older version of FlexiSign Pro to save on money.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What is the issue you are having with the mylar?
Is it the designing of the stencil or the actual plotting of the design?
If you can cut vinyl you should be able to cut mylar unless your cutter can't do it and software will not fix that.
Hard to recommend a fix without knowing what is not working.

wayne k
guam usa

TammieH

I would guess that it is more of a hardware problem than software, ie knife blade, or your plotter is not able to cut the material

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
your copam probably doesn't have the downward force for a single pass single cut on mylar. make it go over the cuts 2 or 3 times and see if that does the trick.

Robyn S

I should have been more specific.
My problem is there are no bridge for the letters e, o ,p ect. So the middles fall out of those letters. Not suitable for stenciling signs.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I should have been more specific.
My problem is there are no bridge for the letters e, o ,p ect. So the middles fall out of those letters. Not suitable for stenciling signs.

With that CorelDraw would most likely be a good option. It does not cost much and is fairly easy to learn.
You would be able to build your bridges to hold the centers of existing fonts and export them as eps files into your cutting program or even save them as fonts with bridges built in.

wayne k
guam usa

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Ok, well with that new information ... it's not the software or the machine ... it's the user. Your software won't ever make your bridges on stencils for you. You need to make them yourself in your vector software. You can get past this by using stencil fonts http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=114&text=SAMPLE+123&fpp=100&af=on&psize=l but they aren't as nice as making your own. So, PRIMER UP ON THOSE VECTOR SKILLS. A little goes a long way.