• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet - Versaworks - Greyscale issues

jester2kx

Does anyone know how to print a true greyscale image out of Versaworks? I am using that and a soljet sc545-ex and can not work it out at all.

I have a picky customer that NEEDS to grey color that will not print correctly, because he gets really close and sees cyan and magenta in it. I am very close to just telling him to take a hike, but I figured i would ask for my own knowlage as well.

I have tried using a color out of Illustrator like k30% and nothing else, and it still shoots out some other colors. Also I have tried bringing in the image into photoshop and turning it greyscale, and it still prints out color.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks!

flyinhawaiian968

Can't find it now on Roland's site, but the xc540 printed green-tinted grays when it was first installed. There's a pdf file for getting grays to print gray from Versaworks properly.

I have the pdf from Roland, but I don't believe we can post pdf files here. If you can't find it, email me and I'll forward the pdf to you.

Not sure if this will help you at all, but its a start...

Chris

Blizare

Raster or Vector?

Regardless, I always open up a vector file in PS and change the mode to GREYSCALE to remove color information. Then save as .tiff or .jpg

Then in Versawerks, go into settings/color management/ Preset and click the properties button. then select custom and check the 'preserve primary colors' box. It should only print from the black cart.

Your laughing. :)