• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some body owns a HP 5500 Designjet?

Skye Graphics

Some body owns a HP 5500 Designjet that could give me any info about potencial problems or if ther are any good to start printing banners, vinyl and perforated films.

thank

klmjff

We have 2 of these printers. They are great for high quality posters. They use water-based ink, not solvent. They are NOT recomended for vinyl banners, carwraps, pretty much anything that is going to be outside for a while. If you're using uv ink, your stuff will last longer outside, but with dye and uv inks in this machine, I recomend laminating everything. You can get a used HP 5000/5500 for between $1000-2000 and they work great. Printheads and ink are fairly inexpensive and part replacements are low also.

Skye Graphics

It is posible that this hp5500 with uv ink printer would take me to the nex level of graphics wraps, banners, perforated film?

Bly

I have two also. When I started printing the solvent printer options were lo res and expensive.

You can do signs with them, with the right media and laminate.

Spend the extra and get a Soljet or similar. You'll wind up having a more versatile more profitable business.

animenick65

Like others said, it is ideal for indoor applications. You'll run into big problems trying to do anything on vehicles or long term outdoor signage. Decent outdoor vinyl can be quite expensive for it. The big plus about it is that its very very easy to take care of, to use and to nail colors on. It would be hard to beat in the image quality department. Prints quite fast considering the quality as well.

Brandon708

we print banner on them but only banners that need full color. They must be laminated. Can not print on the perferated window vinyl. The only kind of vinyl they print on has a paper feel on the front so the inks will soak into the vinyl. Its not like printing on regular vinyl. This vinyl needs to be laminated also. Basicly everything needs lamanation except glossy paper that is going to be used indoors as a poster.

Skye Graphics

Help ERR41 MOTOR Y Mimaki JV2-160

Hi people, message ERR41 MOTOR Y ON lcd screen I did replace cartridges, print head, dampers and still have the same message after all that, the manual doesn't help much any advise?:frustrated: