• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some logo Help please

Xw00dsrac3rX

Hey guys,

Attached is the logo I made last year for my tint business. While Im not a graphic designer, I decided to tackle the logo myself and made this one from scratch.

Unfortunately I would like to dress it up a little bit, as well as clean up the outlines and spacing.

Anyone interested in helping me out a little? I am looking to add some depth and a little glossy look to it.

I know enough illustrator to play around but am lost to go any further.

Additionally, I will be using this on black T-shirts and any info or help with making it look best for screenprinting on black shirts would be great!

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Black Diamond Logo.jpg
    Black Diamond Logo.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Black Diamond Logo.pdf
    880.9 KB · Views: 133

Xw00dsrac3rX

agreed on phone number but without anything there it does not work and nothing suitable comes to mind to fill in there.

most of my ad stuff has "automotive residential commercial" underneath but obviously that will not fit in the logo

ova

Maybe add the word Window.
Get rid of your phone number, move Black Diamond up and add window.

This would get rid of the phone number and take up some negative space. Also let the public know you do windows. Can't take anything for granted now a days.

Dave

toucan_graphics

Like others have said, remove the number.
I played with some lighting effects and a glossy look. Personally, I like it as is, with simply removing the phone number and adjusting the text placement to make better use of space. This will give you the most versatility.

blackdiamond.jpg

SignManiac

Good starting point. Take it to the next level. With a few tweaks here and there and you could end up with a good logo.

Jillbeans

I would scrap all the text.
Choose a non-italic bold font. Maybe make "tint" in an edgy script.
Keep the diamond.
Stack the three words.
Never put a phone number in a layout unless your client makes you.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• BDT.jpg
    BDT.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The phone number is so spread out it looks more like a bizarre combination to a safe or set of GPS coordinates. The rest of it is dark and depressing, notwithstanding the dubious typography mixing italics as you have done here.

Just because your name is 'Black Diamond' doesn't mean that your logo has to have it spelled out or that you have to have a dark and malevolent looking logo.

rjpjr

a different direction...
more legible...
with a black t-shirt approach...

Attachments

• Black-Diamond.jpg
    Black-Diamond.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Black-Diamond-black.jpg
    Black-Diamond-black.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 64