• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some of my work...

jkdbjj

Some of my work...
carowinds1.jpg carowinds2.jpg carowinds3.jpg banner_04.jpg
banner_08.jpg tradeshow_02.jpg
tradeshow_04.jpg tradeshow_05.jpg vehicle_02.jpg vehicle_05.jpg
vehicle_06.jpg vehicle_07.jpg
vehicle_08.jpg acryness.jpg

OldPaint

wish people would understand a BANNER...is for IMPACT, and make its point. the LKN is a perfect example. the 2 end graphics, have small text IN CAPS, and then you made the main text UPPER/LOWER CASE????? look at all the wasted space and how the main message gets lost because of lower case & shoulda been 2 lines across instead of 3. just sayin for next time. the warhol car....is hard on the eyes for sure. i really like the carmel apples. excellent!!!!!

SignManiac

Not too shabby. Couple could have been improved on but all in all, descent stuff. This is a tough crowd so it takes balls to post up your work. A little thick skin helps and you will get honest advise most of the time.

Jillbeans

The banner is the only one I have any issues with really.
The copy needs tightened up and I would have flipped the first graphic so the bikers were facing in.
Man I bet that Warhol car was a pain in the tush.
I love the Warhol in Pittsburgh.
The wrap stuff is what it is. I like the last sign the best.
The caramel apples sign is trying too hard to look old and could have been simpler/better contrast but it's not bad.
Thank you for sharing your work.
Love....Jill

tsgstl

The Firefold car:
does the back window not line up? hard to tell
I'm guessing you put the red and white lettering on after the fact? Matching around corners is the toughest part almost impossible. it always screams were the seem is unless you make it very complicated with no lines or fade to something equal.

Looks like you have a ex advertising background person for a designer, not a sign maker "winging" designing. Both good and bad, for most of this=good, for simple signs over designing=bad

jkdbjj

Well fortunately, I only have to design a fraction of my work. I tend to take on work that is already designed by agency or corporation. So for example, the LKN banner, that was one out of four banners, and 3 to 400 signs for the race I had to turn around in 3 days. I got a great referral from the VP and a great testimonial as well.

Knock on wood, most of my clients are designers or marketing managers for their respective companies.

Oh the Warhol car... Yikes I know. Funny thing is I had my partner drive it down the road to the client. You have to realize he is a big burly country folk, and I laughed my *** off following him down the road in that thing. I think EVERYONE on the interstate jerked their head in horror, amazement, or something.
It was a car to sponsor his exhibit coming to town, and again I had very short notice or time to put something together. Not to mention the Jaguar was donated for the event, it was a brand new Jaguar like zero miles and we are flaming it and knifing all around it.
Fun job, and got lot of peoples attention, right or wrong, good or bad.

The candy apple was one of many projects for the local amusement park, of which I just churn them and burn them out and install. Cedar Fairs has their own design department etc...

Thanks for all the feedback, and I don't mind good or bad feedback. Just trying to hang out socialize with you guys and gals...