• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

some recent airbrushing

grafxxx

just some practice pieces still working on the green flames
girl.jpg
one more
green fire wip.jpg

Last edited:

Jillbeans

I think the gal's nips should be the same green as her eyes.
I am always envious of those who can airbrush because I can't.
Nice work! I like your new avvie too.
Love...Jill

grafxxx

thanks kwik and jill yeah these where/ are practice pieces. i still want to add some more on to the girl like a top which she was supposed to have but got lazy.. but now you have inspired me to make a green top on her. lol.. my avatar is my new biz card design (with out my mug on it)

kage

those are nice, what paints are your faves? I disagree about putting a top on though.=0)

weaselboogie

Your girls darks are a little bit too saturated and the girl could use some highlight work. Looks good.

I haven't had mine out in over a year.

grafxxx

@pat thanks. the first one was a about 1 - 2 hours the second about an hour.
@ kage thanks using createx/auto air (less harmful chemicals to breath in).. lol all water base.
@ weasel thanks yes i have a bad habit of going to dark the wife yells at me all the time about going to dark. one time she even took my black and hid it on me . lol. trying to break that habit. if you know of any tips that will help me on breaking that please do tell..

weaselboogie

Yes, don't use black. Use darker versions of the color that you're working on. ... I think createx might even have a translucent black. That would help you build up your black nice and slow. Spray a bit, step back and look... or better yet, get the wife in there.

grafxxx

LOL thanks weasel. i actually make my own trans by using 409 mixed believe it or not it also helps when reducing it and helps with tip drying. in but i will try that on the next piece and have you in the back of my head before i touch the black...lol or i will just keep it out of site i started to do what you said but i keep falling back in old bad habits...
again thanks

luggnut

i think you could use black like you did but the art has to work with it.

a couple of things i notice are too much overspray ( could be the createx?)
the overspray gives a Tshirt airbrush look. and as already mentioned needs highlights to make the image not so flat.

if you were to use the black on the girl drawing i think it needs a more comic book look or stylized like a comic. i did a hulk on the back of this car and used black for most of the shadows.. i think its style would work on the girl.

Attachments

• SMALL HULK.jpg
    SMALL HULK.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 122