• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300 Printing Faint Squares On Artwork

njteaser

Hi All,

I am having a serious issue with printing a graphic I made for my daughter’s birthday. The only way I can describe this is that once I send the graphic to the Rolland SP-300 printer (From illy, saved as eps, then printed via Versa works) it prints these faded or faint squares behind some of the artwork, that I just don’t see on screen regardless how much I zoom in.

This is very strange because I just do not see why these faint blocks are not on the artwork but are showing up while printing.

I have included both a screen shot of the artwork and a camera image so that you can see what i'm talking about. I'm using illy CS4, Versa works 3.03

If some can help me out with this ASAP it would be much appreciated!

NJ

Attachments

• Banner Screen Shot.jpg
    Banner Screen Shot.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 92

cdiesel

Looks like you're Versaworks is doing that when ripping the drop shadow. Try "flattening transparency" before saving the file out.

njteaser

Didnt Work

Cdiesel,

I tried what you said, but by flattening the trans, it now causes a white block (On-Screen). But that did shed some light on the matter, the white blocks that now appear ARE behind the exact same spots as the ghost blocks mentioned earlier, so it does have something to do with the transparency all together.

See screen shot.

Attachments

• Flattened Trans.jpg
    Flattened Trans.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 68
Rasterize the file in Photoshop at 100-150 PPI resolution. Print the raster file (TIF or JPG) and the problem will go away entirely.

Bob

high impact

Sorry I can't be any help but I have seen the exact same thing creating transparencies in Flexi with eye candy - it definitely has something to do with the RIP and the transparency. Use photoshop and no problemo at all.

njteaser

Is that Possible?

This artwork has been created entirely in Illustrator CS4, how would I take this AI into Photoshop to rasterize it? I would imagine that would be a seriously RAM intensive process to do as well. Since this is defiantly a "transparency" issue there has to be a setting in illy that can resolve this right from there.

This does only happen on any artwork that has either a glow or drop shadow applied to it.

luggnut

rendering intents could be it... most vectors are RIPed with relative colormetric, saturation , or none and rasters are rendered mostly perceptual. set both intents the same i use relative colormetric ....

the drop shadow effect is being RIPed as a raster.